Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 06:12   #1

Out of Palm Beach, FL Area

Hi there! I'm new here at Cruisers Forum and wanted to say I just arrived in Palm Beach, FL and am looking for crewing opportunities on something under 45ft or so.

About me: Trying to learn to sail and had the luck of getting to crew for 2 months aboard a 95ft sloop. For the first month we also had some other boats "at our disposal" so was able to sail a few times in a Rhodes 19 and also did an overnight delivery in a Pearson 30.

Just arrived in Palm Beach on the 95footer. We delivered her offshore from Nantucket, MA.

Ideally something sailing out of south Florida for anything from 1 week to ????. Prefer a monohull and someone that is DIY. I'm a female so a boat with another female on it would be more comfortable for me but is not 100% necessary.

I am a VERY hard worker, motivated, eager to learn, don't seem to get seasick (so far), not afraid of heights, strong but small (so take up less space, hahahah) and low maintenance. I like backpacking, travel, soccer, live music, old cars/ motorcycles and good beer. Don't smoke. Like heated conversations about everything but rarely take it personally, so you shldn't either. hahahah.

Hope to find a "fitting boat and crew" within the next 2 weeks... THANKS!
Old 17-11-2014, 17:44   #2

Boat: 41 columbia
Re: out of Palm Beach, FL area

Im bringing a 41 columbia through the Okeechobee waterway on my way to Miami for the holidays and then down to key west and on to the western Caribbean. Just me and zac the wonder dog
Old 18-11-2014, 16:30   #3

Re: Out of Palm Beach, FL Area

thanks for the offer! Just got something sorted already! Maybe next time.