Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2015, 17:18   #16

Re: Possible crew position available

how are things with your big project ? Hopefully prep is going smoothly!
I am in northern New England and really quite enjoying myself! The weather has been cool, but few bugs , so its worth it!
I am excited about sailing season and have a few weekend sails lined up around here.
The stripers ( bass) are starting to come in now around maine ,so i have been out fishing with my skiff- Big fun.
Please keep me in mind when you do decide on your crew. The trip your planning sounds awsome.
Take care , Lisa
Old 21-06-2015, 01:44   #17

Hi,
You will probably have had a lot of replies to your post but the one thing I want you to know about my reply from the off is that I am SERIOUS!

In short, I have sailed for the past 7 years in Auckland, New Zealand and the UK. In September of last year I returned to the UK because my mother had an amputation to her lower right leg. She has recovered amazingly well and is now ready to resume independent living. And I am ready to set off travelling again.

My ambition is to sail back to NZ. My dream trip is the one you are proposing to start next February. I am 60 years old, a non-smoker, fit, sailing-knowledgeable and having retired from the UK civil service when I was 52, have the time and money to spend life living my dreams.

If you would send me your e-mail address, I will send you my full sailing C.V.

Briefly, I have sailed many different types of boats including Iceni Yachts 39 foot IRC ocean racer, 9.3 metre Ross design, 10.4 and 11.4 metre Senior designs racer/cruisers, 38 foot Sigma ocean racer, etc. in addition, I volunteer as a 'skipper' with a charity that takes disadvantaged or handicapped children and adults out sailing on small keelboats (Sonar, Squib and Yeoman). Google East-Anglain-Sailing-Trust.org.uk.

You can check me out on Facebook too - search Steve Barrett, Auckland, my profile photo is me holding one of the cups I helped win in 2013/2014 aboard Bridgette Kou.

I really hope to hear back from you soonest. Best Regards Steve Barrett
Old 21-06-2015, 03:58   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Sky, and Steve.

Old 23-06-2015, 00:22   #19

Hi Brian, I am very interested in your journey and in coming along if you want to have me! My name is Leah I am a 24 year old female from Winnipeg, MB and I will be traveling solo by bicycle as well as bus/train down the west coast and through Central America ending up in Chile December 2015. I am looking to travel by boat (not flying) from South America to Australia/New Zealand and would be honoured to be a part of the crew with you and your wife. The reason I think I would be ideal for this job is because I am an extremely empathic and easy going person, I love getting to know people but I also love alone time. I think I would be a very easy person to tolerate at sea! It is in my best interest to cooperate and find common ground, I am good at taking direction and getting along with anyone. If you selected me for your voyage I think we would develop an excellent friendship. While I dont have sailing experience I would be eager to learn immediately. I don't know what your requirements are but I think I could bring a sense of adventure and a valuable positive vibe to your journey, and would be eternally grateful for the opportunity - if you have any interest please contact me at leah_blu@hotmail.com
Old 25-06-2015, 03:18   #20

I could probably be available for the run. Retired chief also. 20,000 blue water miles. I've sailed a Hinckley upside down in the North Atlantic, can't say that I recommend it.
Have been told I'm a good cook underway.

Tags
crew