Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2015, 09:03   #1

QLD & NSW Jan-Feb Some experience and want to learn more!

Hi all!

My name is Mel, I'm going to be traveling between Sydney and Carins this Jan/Feb. I have some sailing experience and really want to learn more. My last trip was a week in northern Poland (Masuria), it was a full boat, cold weather but I loved living on the water and "learning the ropes". I don't live near the coast and I'm eager to get some sailing in while I'm in this part of the world.

About me... I'm 28 from Toronto Canada and living in the the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina (hence the limited sailing opportunities) My work in live production means I have a lot of experience working at heights. I know stage rigging and my knots and am physically strong and good with my hands. While touring I have spent months at a time living off a bus and I've never had trouble getting along with all sorts of fun (and unusual) people that I've ended up working with! I love being outdoors, learning about the world, and will never be discouraged by bad weather or a rough day.

Ideally I would like to spend a week, maybe two, on the water but I'd be happy to join some shorter trips too! Hoping to share expenses (food/fuel). Please message me if you're looking for crew or know someone who is.

Also I will be traveling with a friend for part of my time in Australia and he is also interested in sailing. Grayson is 24, levelheaded and a really nice guy, I know he'd fit in with most crews and pick up sailing skills quickly. So let me know if you're looking for more than one crew person.
Old 26-11-2015, 11:29   #2

Boat: Catalina 42
Re: QLD & NSW Jan-Feb Some experience and want to learn more!

May not be what you are looking for and maybe a little late but I will be sailing from Tasmania to Queensland sometime in March/April after the Tassie summer.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-11-2015, 20:12   #3

Thanks Amnesia II, I have to be back in North America before March otherwise I'd definitely be interested. In your experience what are the best ways to find a boat needing crew in this area... forums? Gumtree? just head down to the Marina? In the past I've always sailed with friends so I'm new to this part of planning a trip.
Old 28-11-2015, 16:59   #4

Boat: Catalina 42

Possibly marina notice boards, yacht clubs and this forum is as good as any. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
enc