Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2013, 08:14   #1
AKr

READY TO GO

I am not a computer oriented person. Technology is not something that I have ever fully been comfortable with or understood, and trying to promote myself thorough such a medium is not my orientation. However, this is the path I passionately wish to pursue at this time, and I am will simply use these medium as a means to briefly describe myself as best as possible, in the hopes of finding and opportunity to further challenge my self in exploring the watery parts of the world.
I am a 25 year old male. Most of my sea time is from fishing boats, particularly in Alaska, and sailing experience is minimal, though I have been eagerly digesting all that I can , and when I dedicate myself to something I learn fast. I have moved throughout North America extensively, and done lots of different work along my way. Most of my early experience was in farming and ranching, livestock, horse-work, etc. I have worked ranches throughout the American west. Also an avid hunter and trapper, and have done this as my means to live and survive as well as for the love of the woods. I have also worked as a whitewater rafting and kayaking guide as well as a fishing guide and commercial fisherman. I have spent my life trying to dive as deep as possible into the world around me, and that world has mostly been the mountains and the desert; rivers creeks and coasts, in search of food fish fish and game; adventure and meaning, from Mexico to Alaska. In more recent time this orientation has shifted more and more to the ocean. Working in the fishing industry has inspired me to head further into the horizon, and sailing offers the opportunity to do so. I like to do things in a way that is challenging, requires patience and dedication and feels real. I have had various opportunities to be in other parts of the world, thorough work opportunities and open invitations. So far jumping across the ocean in a jet has not made sense to me. It does not feel real. Sailing however, certainly does. However, at this point, I am willing to get to wherever I need to be, by land air or sea, in order to pursue this newest passion. That is why I have chosen to break new ground, and see if I can use this technological medium to to find an opportunity to learn more of this age old tradition. I am currently visiting family in the eastern US, but am easily mobilized, and can meet up with a boat anywhere that seems like the right opportunity. My interests in particular are traditional sailing and navigation, along with anything else that is of interest to the boat and crew. I am used to working very hard, and am open minded to any new challenge. I can adapt to my environment and am EAGER to learn and immerse myself into this world of wind and water. Looking for the right position, paid or unpaid. I have a small savings but adequate savings. Fishing work has provided me with much more than I am used to, and am used to living very frugally, so I prefer to minimize my expenditures to maximize the time and distance. Please contact me with any opportunities or questions. As I am used to face to face interaction, and starting a working relationship with a handshake and the trustworthiness in a persons eyes, I am out of my element here. ANY and ALL details and information are much appreciated. Detailed personal messages would be ideal. It will make decisions much easier to weigh.
I look forward to this next path in my life.