Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25   #1

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16
Retired Navy Chief, completed ASAcourses through bareboat chartering, need experience

I am a 57 year old male. Retired Navy Chief Petty Officer. I have owned several big boats but have much more experience with upgrades and maintenance than I do underway.

I have completed ASA sailing courses through bare boat chartering. I am pretty handy and very reliable. I am flexible and financially secure, not looking for a free ride.

I have a 31 Dufour near Oriental NC but am leery to single hand without gaining more experience underway.

My wife does NOT enjoy sailing, she and I took ASA courses through Bare boat chartering but she does not enjoy it and is terrified unless it is sunny weather and low wind and sea state! She will be keeping the home fires burning while I am out. After being together for 17 years while both active duty Navy we are comfortable being apart!

If you think I might be able to help you just drop me a line and we can talk about the details. I can easily travel to most places on the East coast and would consider going further.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Retired Navy Chief, completed ASAcourses through bareboat chartering, need experi

Aloha Chief,
Thanks for your service. If I was out that way I'd give you a hand. Retired Navy here too.

Tags
asa, bareboat, charter, enc, navy