Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2013, 22:42   #1

Boat: Irwin MK III 43ft
Sailing companion

The boat : 43 ft Irwin, very seaworthy, fully equipped self contained, getting more gear every years. Presently in Guatemala. Almost too much for one person, very comfortable for 4, can accommodate 8 palatial for 2 you get the picture.

The Captain: 57 years young, Canadian, single, never married, no kids.
Still work 6 months out of the year ( till the pension kicks in) then go south for the winter. Lots of sailing experience, but still learn every day. Likes a clean boat, good cook ( but prefer to delegate the galley duty from time to time) My boat is My baby, so every year I put money into it so that she keep being seaworthy.

What I am looking for: Easy going, not a scaretycat, smart and good with fixing things, keep a clean boat, not a prima donna nor a princess. in short the perfect first mate.

Relationship : friends first, no hanky panky, if it happens, so be it, but not the primary goal. You do your things, I do mine.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49   #2

Re: Sailing companion

Hi Riggerman,

I very much enjoyed your 'ad' for sailing companion. I, too, am Canadian (Ontario) and am working 6 months and take winters off. This winter I am planning to travel to Central America (Guatemala - interesting that you are there - that was my starting point. What is it like?) then make my way to South America. But nothing is written in stone. Last year I went to Africa. I volunteered medical in Kenya working with the Maasai tribe then hiked around (climbed Kilimonjaro). I, too, am young at heart - and active - 55 year old. I am currently employed as a paramedic but have nursing training in Florida. I am very skilled at dishes. My sailing abilities are negligible and am willing to learn. I own 2 Sunfishes and 1 Siren (pocket cruiser).

I am able to handle stressful situations, sort of smart, and have renovated homes over the years, keep a clean home (my home has been rented out for the past two years so I can travel), and am NOT high maintenance (but I do enjoy being treated like a girl once in awhile). I work hard and am looking to explore the world (warm countries, only) with a like minded individual.

Perhaps, you could consider my "application" and send me a note on this forum.

Thank you

Jan
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14   #3

Boat: Irwin MK III 43ft

Good Morning I just arrived in Guatemala. It is hot and humid 36 o and 95 % humidity.
Send me your e-mail address at mrjfortin@yahoo.com, and we will take it from there.
Have a nice day.
Old 04-11-2013, 13:50   #4

Hi Mr. Riggerman,

I have not responded to your request for my email address because I am being cautious. Your message to me, which oddly does not show both paragraphs was concerning. Explain to me why you need a different way to get hold of me.

" Not trying to pester you, or stalking you. I just know enough about computer to be dangerous. So i am trying different ways to get a hold of you.

Good Morning I just arrived in Guatemala. It is hot and humid 36 o and 95 % humidity.
Send me your e-mail address at mrjfortin@yahoo.com, and we will take it from there.

Have a nice day."
Old 14-11-2013, 20:23   #5

Hi Riggerman,

I am a 55 year old writer, living in New York, originally from B.C.. I have sailed across the Atlantic (1987) was lost at sea, jumped ship in Bermuda and made a special effort to learn how to use a sextant. Crewed on a Darwin to Ambon yacht race, throughout Indonesia and lastly on the Greek Islands. Easy going, great cook, no expectations, no disappointments, self sustaining. I know the boat shrinks a foot a day when you are underway, but also no how to hide myself and read. Interested in talking.

Tags
sail, sailing