Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2011, 13:17   #1

Boat: 40' Northstar 80/20 S&S ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to sailinlee
Sailing from FL to Saint Martin in January

Hello,

I'll be sailing south in January from St. Augustine, FL to St. Martin in the Caribbean. Stops along the way will be in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic (Luperon and stop in Samana Bay for whale mating season), Puerto Rico and the Luminescent Bays, Virgin Islands and finally in St. Martin. We'll be sailing a 1995 42' Fontaine Pajot Venezia Catamaran. One cabin is still available. It's a great adventure, I did it this Spring on my ketch and loved it. It should take about a month or so. But you can come on and off where you want. I charge $500 per person per week. Both the captain and First Mate are very experienced sailors, so you can learn as much or as little as you want. Great opportunity to learn about the cruising life. Let me know. I have an older website at Lee Malis: Yacht Charter & Yacht Rental in Florida and Croatia (Caribbean & Mediterranean) or contact me through the pm on this site.

It's a great adventure. Lee
Old 23-11-2011, 15:35   #2

Re: Sailing from FL to Saint Martin in January

Hey Matey--- I would love to sail with you since we have the same political ideas which we can't talk bout here on this forum or we would be censored by the powers that be here.

Read and thoroughly enjoyed you blog since i'm stuck here as a PSW for my mother,

Thanks for sharing and making me feel at home in the twilight zone.

Cheers

ps-write it all up in the blog for us doing KP here at home.
Old 23-11-2011, 15:36   #3

Boat: Scanner 38

Hello,
from your description this sounds perfect for me. I´ve sailed the Venezia before and many other cruising cats and love them. I´ve crewed on a delivery from FL to Panama years ago. Mostly I do shorthanded offshore racing around Scandinavia where I live. I need to get away from everyday life for two weeks as early as possible in Jan. When do you plan to set off? Please mail me if interested in continuing the dialogue: m375788@gmail.com
Old 23-11-2011, 15:48   #4

PPS-wheres your S & S ?
Old 02-12-2011, 18:50   #5

Hi my wife and i would be interested in sailing with you for two or more weeks send me a message on cost and time frame thank don & Michelle
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37   #6

Hi there Don and Michelle, I'll be leaving out of Florida around the 1st week of January depending on the weather. I'm hoping to leave from St. Augustine, FL head east and come in on the backside of the Bahamas and stop in Abacos or Eleuthera, on to the Exumas (Staniel and Georgetown) Conception Island other out-islands. Then to Turks and Caicos (short stop) Luperon, DR and definitely stopping in Samana Bay for Humpback mating season and the caves in Hiatus National Park (beautiful place), PR stopping in the Luminescent Bays and the Spanish Virgins. Virgin Islands and ending in St. Martin.

About money I'm not sure that I'm supposed to discuss money on cruiser's forum. So if you wouldn't mind could you send me an email at: sailin@sailin.net
I've got a website at Lee Malis: Yacht Charter & Yacht Rental in Florida and Croatia (Caribbean & Mediterranean) It's a bit out of date, but it will give you an idea of my personality and style of sailing. But we won't be taking my lovely ketch. It will be on a 42' Fontaine Pajot Venezia, 4 large cabins and two heads. There is only one cabin still available right now.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Lee
Old 04-12-2011, 18:03   #7

ALOHA,
This adventure sounds fantastic! I have a little bit of sailing experience in Australia and have been a cook on a whale venture on a cat several times! I used to be a scuba instructor and left the Caribbean to settle in Australia!! i am back! arrive in Sarasota Florida tomorrow to check out boats and skippers to find the ideal crew to explore with. I play music and have been an African dance teacher and massage therapist and have traveled the world!but never on a sail boat! Please give me a call if you are still looking. 3477810594 ONE LOVE Malaika
Old 10-12-2011, 20:01   #8

I'm on the cat now getting her ready for the sail. I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention to the internet lately, I've been traveling, buying the boat, and lots of other stuff. She's in pretty good shape but needs some maintenance and a few repairs before we go. I'll be on the boat getting her ready. If you have any questions about the trip you can give me a call at 904 501 1859. There is still one double cabin available and if it's necessary there are two crew cabins available too.

Lee
Old 26-12-2011, 14:45   #9

Hi Lee,

$500 is a bargain. Are you still on the water in February?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I've been to St Martin and also to Luperon in the DRl. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Hello,

I'll be sailing south in January from St. Augustine, FL to St. Martin in the Caribbean. Stops along the way will be in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic (Luperon and stop in Samana Bay for whale mating season), Puerto Rico and the Luminescent Bays, Virgin Islands and finally in St. Martin. We'll be sailing a 1995 42' Fontaine Pajot Venezia Catamaran. One cabin is still available. It's a great adventure, I did it this Spring on my ketch and loved it. It should take about a month or so. But you can come on and off where you want. I charge $500 per person per week. Both the captain and First Mate are very experienced sailors, so you can learn as much or as little as you want. Great opportunity to learn about the cruising life. Let me know. I have an older website at Lee Malis: Yacht Charter & Yacht Rental in Florida and Croatia (Caribbean & Mediterranean) or contact me through the pm on this site.

It's a great adventure. Lee[/QUOTE]
Old 30-12-2011, 21:28   #10

Hi Andy,

I'll be in St. Martin by February, hopefully. I'm starting to think about the next trip. But I first got to get the boat south.

If you send me an email at sailin@sailin.net I could put you on my mailing list and let you know of the next adventure. I'm thinking about doing a sail south to the Grenadines from St. Martin.

Talk to you soon,

Lee

Tags
sailing