Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2013, 08:53   #1

Boat: Formosa Ketch, 48'
seeking couple to sail with us in january: florida to Bahamas

We are seeking a couple to sail the bahamas january to april. leaving mid january. i am 50, husband is 65. extensive sailing experience in the great lakes. 3 years sailing florida and bahamas.

we have a 48' formosa ketch.

we are easy going, husband is a great chef, and we are looking for an extra pair of hands to make the trip more enjoyable. we enjoy wine an cocktails, prefer non-smokers, and have a zero tolerance for drugs. we are seeking a like minded pair to enjoy the winter with us, and help out. experience is prefered, but will consider those with at least some basic experience.

please email directly to adolmsted@hotmail.com we need to act quickly, as we hope to depart within the month. thx, amber and tim

------_/)-------
Old 24-12-2013, 07:59   #2

Boat: Beneteau First, 345
Re: seeking couple to sail with us in january: florida to Bahamas

We'd love to buddy boat with you. We have a Beneteau First 345, and are planning to leave from Miami (Govt Cut) to the Bahamas mid to late Jan. PM if interested.

Thanks,

Ralph & Stacie
Old 29-12-2013, 16:27   #3

Hello. I only have two weeks of vacation from march 2nd-16th 2014. I'm interested in helping out to further my experience. If I can assist in part, or in whole, let me know. I'm low maintenance and easy to get along with. My email is oogles72@hotmail.com
-Gene
Old 29-12-2013, 18:01   #4

HI, sorry for the delay, we've had a rough holiday, and actually need to head back to MN for a weeks, so our plans are a bit up in the air. buddy boating together might work out, as we may now be delayed a week or so. we are also traveling with another 48' sister-ketch. we are planning to go north thru memory rock and thru the abacos...then toward eluthera. i don't know how that works with your plan, let us know, its always good to have a group together. thanks, amber (email to adolmsted @ hotmail dot com)

------_/)-------
Old 29-12-2013, 18:03   #5

Brooklyn Guy....thanks for the response, but we have a few couples that can sail the whole winter, so we hope to find someone compatable there. good luck finding passage, if anything changes we will let you know.
~amber on prophecy.

------_/)-------
Old 01-01-2014, 22:58   #6

Hi. Just signed up to this forum and seen your post. My wife and I own a Beneteau 343 out on the West Coast of British Columbia and have it in Charter Service with Desolation Sound Yacht Charters in Comox, B.C. We crewed on a 48' Cat from Anacortes, Wash to Bermuda for 10 days in 2008 and have chartered a 34' cat in 2009 with some friends on our West Coast. I am 57 and my wife is 56 and fairly fit. I have been retired for three years from being a Operator at a Chemical Plant in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta and am fairly handy with most items. I have a part time job driving hotshot and very active with our Fish and Game Association. We still have a 17 year old daughter at home and she will be graduating from Grade 12 in June. The "Buddy Boating" would be awesome!

Gord and Val

Tags
Bahamas, florida, sail