Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2014, 14:17   #1

Boat: Catana 521
Seeking Experienced sailing couple for 2015 Western Caribbean Adventure

Crew Ad Posting

Seeking a Couple with water sailing">Blue water sailing experience. To join me on a Western Caribbean sailing and scuba diving adventure aboard my 52' catamaran. Will be departing Panama in January and spending 5 months exploring Panama, Providencia, Grand Caymans, Bay Islands Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico and Rio Duce Guatemala for hurricane season.

Seeking a couple who are drama free, have a stable, loving relationship, love for food and cooking, are happy and easy going natured. And are seeking a adventure on the ocean and in themselves. Share in the responsibilities of boat maintenance, boat operations and logistics, navigation, seamanship and making personal safety number one priority. Having respect and love for nature, people, culture and enjoy Scuba diving, snorkeling, hiking. Will have to share in food expenses, shore excursions, travel to and from the boat.

I will provide a fully equipped luxury sailing catamaran with array of water sport toys such as surfboards, SUP Boards, Kayak, Scuba Compressor and Scuba gear. I will cover all related boat expenses, clearing crew in and out of countries, ect. You will have your own king size stateroom and the Port hull to yourself. I may pick up a extra crew member if needed and have friends join me in Belize for a week or two.

Contact me for more information on me and joining Jimmy's Bliss on a scuba diving and sailing adventure thru the Western Caribbean in 2015.

Let's live life in the present moment in harmony with ourselves and nature. And notice the bliss and joy life has to offer each and every day.

Aloha,
David
Old 19-09-2014, 16:22   #2

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana
Re: Seeking Experienced sailing couple for 2015 Western Caribbean Adventure

Nice boat the 521! What year is it?
Old 20-09-2014, 11:28   #3

Aloha, it is a 2003 and am very happy with the boat. It has 85% of everything I wanted in a offshore Catamaran. Hope you are living your dream or making the best out of your situation.

David
Old 20-09-2014, 18:41   #4
SD Model Makers

Boat: Lagoon 410 S2

Hi David,
My wife and I very much fit the profile you describes and are interested in discussing the details. Send me a PM, and we can exchange phone numbers to talk a bit.
Thanks
Brad
Old 21-09-2014, 00:31   #5

Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole salt sailor adventurist ", In the past 4 years, I have had the pleasure of rekindling my love ,fear relationship with that wonderful woman the sea. I sailed a 30 ft. Lipincott from kent island, maryland How cool it was to drop anchor @ sunset in key west on Christmas eve. did the winter workin crab & lobster boats, was fun interesting & a nice reminder, I can still work my ass off, which made me reconsider why , I was there. Than did a stint on a morgan to Bahamas's with a mate & a new boat buyer, what an adventure that turned out to be. after 3 1/2 days of 65 m.p.h. winds & 20 ft. seas, we had the owner take them helm, for no sleep or food for the 3 days, we were spent. He quickly & most efficiently got relieved after capsizing the vessel. when the electric & motor decided they cared not to work underwater, luckiely a flashlight had just a dim of a glow to hold her due east ,until the sound of the surf, we beached # cape Canaveral, glad as I was to be on land, had I found the beach 3 miles south, I coulda toured the launch pad, or 3 miles north, I could have had the pleasure of the nude beach, but no, I choosed smack in the middle of nowhere, any whoot this past may did a 1400 mile sail on a 50 ft. ketch which was an epic adventure. So I have about 10,000 miles under sail, about 500,000 under power vessels, from being a navigator in oil research prior to these new fangled dangled gps's. man there nice ,but, im confused by them, & I suck at getting oil under my fingernails. however, I'm as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful @ night, I have all the time in the world & its about time again to go see it breathe it & enjoyed. I'll make a hellva third hand for the 3rd mate, can stay at the helm for 12 to 18 when or if required, look forward to hearing from ya ... @ times speak up ...
302-260-2901 ... White Hat ... larrymatson2002@yahoo.com my lady & I are in awaiting
Old 21-09-2014, 01:03   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by white hat View Post
Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole
Hey Larry
I have no idea what you are using to post your messages with but its playing havoc with the presentation on the forums.
We have tidied up the best we can, and would request that you write directly into the supplied forum chat box.
Not to sure why you are copy and pasting the same message everywhere either so you might want to look at that.

best wishes.
Mod team
Old 27-09-2014, 11:24   #7

Hi david

Shawn and Rebecca,

We are a professional couple always looking to to pad our blue water sailing experience.

Shawn has been sailing for many(many) I have am a novice.

I am a great chef... And enjoy planning and provisioning. I love it when a plan comes together.

Our last trip was sailing a 47 cat from st Lucia to panama. 45 days of bouncing from island to island....

Contact us to discuss.

We are non smokers social drinkers and go with the flow drama free couple.

Mrmrssmith14 at y a h o. O
Old 27-09-2014, 20:15   #8

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana

Yup, as I said the 521 a great boat and 2003 was the best year! They tried to save money after that. In fact the 521 of 2003 was a 1.? million Euro boat new, and the 2013 version was only 7??,000 Euros, so where was the saving.

Have you got the discrete lighting around the furniture done in optic fibre?
There are some photos of some of the jobs I did on my friends one on our web page.

Good luck finding crew, its not easy!
Old 28-09-2014, 11:59   #9

Captain David:

Are we the crew for you. Your have described us to the tee - we travel lite and we are low maintenance. Louanne is a heck of a cook and can make a feast out of nothing at all and I'm pretty good with the dish sink and the boat. I also have a special interest in knowing where we are going and what direction we have to go to get there. We both love fishing, snorkeling and have even dabbled a bit with scuba. We have sailed from St. Lucia up to St.Maartens and will be sailing in Belize in December. We have a tripped booked for the BVI in February but we can change our plans for a 5 month adventure. Please let's talk further about the details.

Ron and Louanne.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26   #10

David how are you making out with your trip? Are you still in the need for some help? Louanne and I sure would like to help. PM me to discuss further.

Thanks
Ron and Louanne

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 08-10-2014, 15:08   #11

Greetings To All whom replied or showed interest in join Jimmy's Bliss 2015 Western Caribbean Sailing adventure.

I have been contacted by so many wonderful couples by PM and replies to this thread. I want to thank each one of you for taking the time and effort to write me with honest, sincere replies.

I have found a lovely couple who I have chosen for this sailing leg. I wish everyone on this forum thread the very best in manifesting a sailing adventure. Which will expand ones soul, find the peace and joy we all seek. And allow the sea and nature to be our teacher. To find our way back to our true nature of living whole heartily with love, compassion and respect for all things living on our fragile planet.

Hope you see you all out there filling your own dreams and passions.

Aloha,
David

PS. There are more crewing opportunities to come and look forward to another crewing opportunity with the Cruising Forum family.

Tags
sailing, Caribbean, sail, rib, enc