Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2013, 14:57   #1

Send a message via AIM to keith7 Send a message via Skype™ to keith7
Smile Seeking passage from Panama to Columbia

Hello everyone,

I am a hitchhiker planning a trip from the USA to South America. I will be departing in January, 2014 and hope to be in Brazil for carnival. The rub is this big chunk of jungle between Panama and Columbia, the darien gap.

I am looking for a way around the gap to Columbia around the middle of February 2014. If anyone will be cruising that way and could give a backpacker a lift, it would be much appreciated! We can work something out monetarily to cover fuel/food costs. I am also certainly willing to work as a deck hand, though to be honest, I have no experience sailing. That said, it probably doesn't count for much, but I am an eagle scout and know a bit about tying knots and engines. I'm also a former lifeguard and great swimmer. I'm eager to learn the ins and outs of cruising!

Looking forward to your reply,
Keith
Old 23-12-2013, 14:59   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith7 View Post
Hello everyone, I am a hitchhiker planning a trip from the USA to South America. I will be departing in January, 2014 and hope to be in Brazil for carnival. The rub is this big chunk of jungle between Panama and Columbia, the darien gap. I am looking for a way around the gap to Columbia around the middle of February 2014. If anyone will be cruising that way and could give a backpacker a lift, it would be much appreciated! We can work something out monetarily to cover fuel/food costs. I am also certainly willing to work as a deck hand, though to be honest, I have no experience sailing. That said, it probably doesn't count for much, but I am an eagle scout and know a bit about tying knots and engines. I'm also a former lifeguard and great swimmer. I'm eager to learn the ins and outs of cruising! Looking forward to your reply, Keith
The rate for that trip is $500 at the moment. Work your way to Portobelo and ask in the hostels.

Tags
columbia, Panama, passage