Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2011, 03:23   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 - 11.97m
Skipper / Instructor to Run RYA Courses

I’m looking spending this summer cruising in and around the Med on a Lagoon catamaran for between 4 and 6 months with my family (2 adults and a 14 and 12 year old).

The boat we are currently looking at is a Lagoon 400 located in Denmark and is fitted with AIS, life raft, dingy, Radar and a diesel heater.

I’m looking for a skipper / instructor to take us from Denmark down into Gibraltar. We are looking at taking in the sights and getting qualified in as many of the RYA courses as we can along way. We plan to arrive in Denmark end of May. The skipper will ideally be familiar with sailing cats, have knowledge of the stretch of coast line and comfortable working with a family with children.

We will be home schooling the kids during the trip and will be covering off on a lot of European history as we sail along. Both the kids are studying French at school so a skipper who can also speak French would be a bonus.

We have already done a number of charters as a family where we have skippered the boat by ourselves but they were in sheltered waters compared to the Atlantic coast.

My wife Silvana has done competent crew and my skills are probably at Day Skipper. We have both done the RYA Marine Diesel Maintenance course.
We are looking to all have done advanced first aid before we go and I’m doing my Marine VHF/HF radio at the moment.

We are also looking at doing our RYA Sea Survival Course before we start the trip.

How long would you allow for this trip?

Would this trip be of interest to you, are you available, what level RYA course can you assess us to and what would your rate be?

Regards
Richard and Silvana White
Old 14-03-2011, 14:18   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Skipper / Instructor to Run RYA Courses

Just to fill you in.

A RYA Instructor can only exam to Day skipper level. To do this they must be part of a RYA registered school. ( ie they cant freelance) Above this requires a RYA examiner.

Dave
Old 15-03-2011, 09:13   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: Skipper / Instructor to Run RYA Courses

Hi,
i am professionnal captain and interesting with your proposal (www.cataworld.com)
Pierre

Tags
skipper