Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 13:32   #1

Skipper Singapore to Eastern Australia July 14’

Experienced Skipper needed to Captain a 48’ Van De Stadt from Singapore to Eastern Australia with the Owner crewmember, departing late July, early August 2014. The Yacht is a recent purchase, 6 years old and professionally built and is well equipped. I have just sailed her from Thailand to Singapore down the Malacca Strait where the yacht is having some minor modification work done while we wait for the season and my availability. I am currently in Australia, but hope to be on the entire voyage. Due to the nature of my employment, while I don’t foresee a problem and believe I will be on the entire voyage, I could have to leave the Yacht on short notice, in which case a replacement crewmember of the Skipper’s choice would replace me.

The trip could, but does not have to be, broken into a couple of legs with break duration of one or two weeks conditional on the yacht been stored in a safe and secure marina during this time. This could allow the Skipper to tour the country or nearby Asian countries or even return home. Time is not an issue with the only deadline to arrive by the end of October. This does not need to be a fast paced transit; I am in no hurry. If desired this can be an enjoyable trip with diving, fishing and numerous ports of call and therefore may suit a very experienced cruising sailor.

If you have a Partner who would you would like to join you for all or part of the trip, there would be a berth available.

The Yacht would also be available weeks prior to departure to use as a base to live on and take the opportunity of touring Malaysia or Singapore, if required.

I will email specifications, details and a copy of a recent survey of the yacht to the successful applicant, but suffice to say she is well equipped for the journey.

My own sailing (SY) experience is limited to tropical Pacific sailing and a few thousand nm of Southern Ocean experience.

All duties on-board will be shared equally.

References will be required for the position and terms can be discussed and negotiated.

Anyone with any interest please contact me. Due to work commits I may not be able to reply for a week, so please be patient and I will reply.
Old 12-03-2014, 17:45   #2

Re: Skipper Singapore to Eastern Australia July 14’

Good day,

I am interested in your requirements for a Skipper, moving your vessel from Singapore to East Coast Aus. I am a very experienced skipper from Adelaide SA and am available during that period. I would be keen to discuss and make an application for this position. What is the best way to make contact with you?
Kind regards, Adrian.
Old 14-03-2014, 21:11   #3
Marine Service Provider

Hi. I can do this for you. I have sailed a boat like yours around the world twice. I have done the passages from Singapore a couple of times.
Please give me a call. 0409 620 430. or email ; wallabycreek@yahoo.com
Regards, Alan Phillips.
Old 29-04-2014, 13:15   #4

Boat: mikado 56
Send a message via Skype™ to zeglarz

We are experienced, both licensed yacht skippers, my work partner had experience of 15 years on the sea ; as chef engineer, mechanic, captain, deck hand, has been on the water since he was 17, working on tug boats, tankers, cruise ships and sailing yachts from the Pacific to the North Sea.
Im also licensed captain, have experience (6 years ) as a captain and chef cook on charter yachts in the Pacific and Caribbean waters.
My work partner speaks English and Spanish, I speak English, Polish and have basic knowledge of Russian and Spanish. (Passports and nationalities; American , Polish and Panamanian)
We are located in Panama, on my sailboat ( 56 foot Mikado) ( please check Colombia - Panama Sailing), and normally we run it as a charter boat, But the highest season for chartering here is between December and April. For the rest of the year we are looking for work somewhere else.
We are ready to hire, both of us, or just one, in this case would be my work partner since he is more experienced than me.
All the best, Bea
Old 06-05-2014, 07:30   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to ruby1984

Hi, I am a 29 year old female. I am currently cycling around the world to raise money for cancer. I am in Indonesia heading east towards Australia on my bike. I am only using my bicycle to cover land, no public transport and boats or planes to cross the water to get to the next coastline. I have sailed as part of a 4 man crew and 5 man crew across the Pacific and atlantic ocean in 2007/2008. In 2009 I completed my day skipper's licence (practical and theory). I do not feel competent as a skipper due to lack of skipper experience but if there was space for a deckhand your yacht and a bicycle that i can take apart, I would be very keen to accompany you all. My webpage www. rubyrideon .com (spaces as cant put websites in message) email rubinasoorty @ hotmail .com (spaces as cant put email in messages).
I hope to hear from you. kindest of regards

Rubina Soorty
Old 08-05-2014, 11:36   #6

Thank you for your interest. At present I am sailing on a friend’s yacht from New Zealand to Tahiti. I will contact you further in early June, once we have arrived in Tahiti.
Regards Terry Brown
Old 08-05-2014, 11:37   #7

Thank you for your interest. At present I am sailing on a friend’s yacht from New Zealand to Tahiti. I will contact you further in early June, once we have arrived in Tahiti.
Regards Terry Brown
Old 09-05-2014, 04:30   #8

I would be available and interested. Please contact me by email ajmbwas@ntlworld.com
Old 01-08-2014, 00:11   #9

Hi mate,,,i would be interested in you return leg to asia.I would have to be picked up in darwin.I'm a good bloke we would get on well. drop me a email with you location about when DARWIN. deanseymour00@yahoo.com.au

Tags
Australia, Singapore, skipper