Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2012, 18:40   #16

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Updates on Surfing Cruise - Sumatra, Banyak, Nias, Telos

Well, they start work on the new motor on July 1st, so should be all good within 7 days of that??
Looking to get sailing by July 21st.
Any surfing sailors who are keen on a 3 month surfing cruise of the Bnayak, Nias, Telos, Mentawis, please get in touch!!
Cheers from Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mercedes.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	42849  
Old 13-07-2012, 23:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmachine
Well, they start work on the new motor on July 1st, so should be all good within 7 days of that??
Any surfing sailors who are keen on a 3 month surfing cruise of the Bnayak, Nias, Telos, Mentawis, please get in touch!!
Cheers from Keith
Hay mate,

Your trip sounds like a pretty wicked thing. I would be really keen try try and do it with you, but I'm starting to plan the very same thing. I've my eye on a bavaria 42' but haven't got the cash yet. I'm hoping to do what your doing in 12 months time.
Old 13-07-2012, 23:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmachine
Cheers from Keith
I would like to have a yarn with you, maby when you return to Australia. See if you could help me with the ins and outs of doing a season in and around the mentawis. I'm only young and fairly inexperienced. My old man is a ex pro fisherman and coastal sailer around coffs harbour. He will most Probly come along for a month or so at the start. I plan to start from Darwin. If you are willing to have a chat I'd be stoked.

Cheers & hope ya get plenty of pipes in the next couple months
Old 31-07-2012, 07:45   #19

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Re: Surfing Cruise - Sumatra, Banyak, Nias, Telos

Ahoy shipmates, well, I splash tomorra, wends, with the fully recn mercedes motor , plus heaps of other new stuff that I discovered needed replacing. What a marathon, 6 weeks behind!!

Original crew has bailed, father ill and got the woops with waiting while the mechs dithered, new crew from hawaii flies in on friday.
I hope that the many, many hours spent on this old motor pays dividends.
Boat is a lot lighter without the pacific wind pilot and sundry other old systems.

Sea trails and then a shake down cruise to Penang for indo visas and off to Sumatra for 3 or so months!!!

Its all good in the end, if you are still drawing breath??
All the best from Keith.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45   #20

Hey Keith

Im a young English guy and I've been following your threads and im really interested in what you have been doing as a long time surfer and sailing enthusiast.

I live and work in Alor Star but come and see friend here in Langkawi quite a bit so and being so close to home i thought to get in contact as i'm here this weekend.

I would love to hear about your adventures over a pint or two.

So if you are interested do get in touch.

My number is 0192117648

Cheers!

Luke
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Keith you are having way to much fun,and its great that you like to share your fun with others ..fair winds and far places..DVC
Old 02-08-2012, 16:51   #22

Ahoy Luke, I am very busy getting ready for my departure for Indonesia and my new crew from Hawaii flies in today and the alternator has sh#it itself and the exhaust hose is leaking..... but........if you are keen, I out the front of Pekan Rebu blue jetty in Kuah harbour. Very close to the rock breakwater in from of the Baron hotel.
Give me a ring????????
Cheers from Keith.

Tags
cruise