Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 15:55   #1

Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham
Swap a seasons cruising, Caribbean sea and west coast for delivery.

Hi
I have a 32ft wooden classic cuter/yawl in Rodney Bay, St lucia which I need dlivering to the west coast, anyware N of LA. There are picture on my page or send me an email address for details. I live on pacific NW and would collect her from wherever you got to and bring her the rest of the way next summer. Work commitments look like I will not be able to get away soon enough for the weather window past Mexico and I don't want to leave her down south for another season. This is not definite yet but want to find out if anyone would be interested.
The boat was fully refitted before crossing the Atlantic last year and is very seaworthy. She has all the things needed, radar, SSB, H/C water, new engine and proper cruising electrics for long distance sailing but is a typical long narrow classic so not much space and no modern washroom. Room for 2, three would be tight (two sea berths plus double aft cabin).
I am offering free use of the boat for the season in exchange for delivering her to LA or further north. The boat has to be collected by end of December from St Lucia and dropped off around June/July. You must get north of the Hurricane area off Mexico before May otherwise you are free to go anywhere.
I will pay any preparation costs plus the Panama transit fee.
You pay running cost while you use the boat and arrange insurance.
You must be able to demonstrate sailing competence and provide references, experience of classic sailing would be a plus. RYA yacht-master would be ideal but am more interested in experience that papers.
Might suit someone like a couple who run a their own boat in Europe and wanted a season in this part of the world but don't have time to do the full Atlantic circuit.
If your interested send a PM or email address for details

Tags
Caribbean, cruising, delivery, rib, west coast