Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2012, 23:02   #1

Boat: Maxi 77
Swede available for the Atlantic or other longer trip

I'm a Swedish 19 years old looking to crew on a longer trip. Most tempting is to tag along on a boat crossing the Atlantic in Oct/Nov/Dec. I realize I'm not the only one with that dream so I also consider pretty much any longer trip between say Sep - May. Indian Ocean, Pacific, Cape Horn, Africa or such would be nice!

I lack greater off shore experience but I know how to sail and have sailed regularly for the last 5 years. I'm a fast learner, able and eager to take an active part of the sailing, navigation, night watches, maintenance, cooking and what ever that needs to be done onboard. I'm quite a handy man and good with electronic's and basic mechnic's.
I have a basic swedish nautical certificate and will advance to a higher level (looking in to the possibility of taking an internationally recognized certificate) plus take a international VHF-radio certificate before possible departure.

I speak very good English, fluent swedish and some (terrible) german.
Shared cost basis is not a problem and I pay my own flights.

If you have a position available send me a PM or an email at martinlindqvist92 [AT] gmail [DOT] com and we'll talk more

Cheers!