Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2014, 21:33   #1

Boat: Arber 14m Sou'easter
Tahiti to NZ July 2015

An opportunity exists for. 1 or 2 people to join a well appointed 14 m catamaran from July (exact date to be determined) to cruise part of Tahiti through the Northern Cooks down to Fiji where the boat will the boat will cruise for approx 6 weeks before going back to NZ end of October..
Could be part of the above rather than all of it....
Ideally should have some blue water experience although someone with good coastal sailing and a keenness to learn would be fine.
The boat/skipper has done several blue water passages including a 6 month / 6000nm trip last year...
Needs to be adventurous and have a good sense of humor and willingness to help out where required-capable of night watches and taking their turn in the galley.. owner is a keen diver / fisherman . There is a dive compressor aboard as well as a sup board.
A contribution to costs would be expected ..
Leave a message here or pm me in first instance....
Old 16-12-2014, 21:22   #2

Re: Tahiti to NZ July 2015

hi there, chris here, 44 yo kiwi, currently living aboard in Dunedin, self employed and looking for sailing experience, practical and useful, im looking for fun and adventure, and good people to learn the ropes with, im refitting a Roberts 38 freedom rigged schooner, it would be great to meet up or talk, look forward to that....when not working im fishing/diving/hunting .....or anything outdoors!! cheers, chris 02102745923
Old 16-12-2014, 23:47   #3

Boat: Arber 14m Sou'easter

Thanks Chris - will give you a ring
Old 18-12-2014, 10:41   #4

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about this trip and possibly crewing if it would be a good fit. I have a lot of sailing experience on various vessels from dinghys through to 40 ft yachts. I have done formal sailing training and have various sailing certifications. I do not have bluewater experience, but am looking to gain some. i just have coastal experience. I'm definitely adventurous with a good sense of humour, and am a great cook in the galley. I live in British Columbia, Canada, but I have some extended family in Tahiti and good friend in NZ, so this trip would have other good benefits/connections for me also.

Between now and the summer, I intend to re-certify in first aid, and possibly take a navigation course, as my navigation experience is from practice and is not formal/classroom based.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to know about me, or maybe we could Skype or have a phone call at some point to discuss more!

Samantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1paulg View Post
An opportunity exists for. 1 or 2 people to join a well appointed 14 m catamaran from July (exact date to be determined) to cruise part of Tahiti through the Northern Cooks down to Fiji where the boat will the boat will cruise for approx 6 weeks before going back to NZ end of October..
Could be part of the above rather than all of it....
Ideally should have some blue water experience although someone with good coastal sailing and a keenness to learn would be fine.
The boat/skipper has done several blue water passages including a 6 month / 6000nm trip last year...
Needs to be adventurous and have a good sense of humor and willingness to help out where required-capable of night watches and taking their turn in the galley.. owner is a keen diver / fisherman . There is a dive compressor aboard as well as a sup board.
A contribution to costs would be expected ..
Leave a message here or pm me in first instance....
Old 18-12-2014, 11:29   #5

Hi mate I'm a sat diver with quite abit of costal sailing experience if you are still looking for someone email me sljenzen@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 01-01-2015, 10:02   #6

Hi Paul,
I am interested in discussing the possibility of joining your sail from Tahiti to New Zealand. I have a good deal of cruising experience. Years ago I crewed on a 40’ trimaran and sailed from Panama to Tahiti. I have been the skipper on bareboat charters in the Society Islands, Grenada, British Columbia, and the Virgin Islands. Additionally, I owned, lived-aboard, and cruised my own Tayana 37 sailboat for 3.5 years – from Oregon to British Columbia to Mexico and the Caribbean (see http://www.squizfloats.com for details). So, I understand the array of nautical, interpersonal, and mechanical skills that are required for successful cruising.
It sounds like we may be compatible. I am willing to do my share of the work: be it solo night watches, cooking, filleting fish, scrubbing barnacles off the boat’s hull, or spearfishing for dinner. I prefer secluded anchorages to marinas, and love nature and diving. When it comes to living in close quarters, I understand the importance of clear communication, interpersonal consideration, and maturity.
I am happy to send you copies of my sailing and professional resumes and would enjoy the opportunity to talk to you more about your upcoming South Pacific explorations. If you would like to talk about whether or not I am a compatible person that could help as crew, please email me at squizfloats@hotmail.com or call me at 720-273-9669 (a USA number).
Thanks for your consideration, Alan Anderson

Tags
tahiti