Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42   #1

Teza Travels - Available July onwards

Good Day

I am looking for work on board a yacht/boat/private ship during my summer holidays.

Dates Available: July onward
Travel: Short or Longer term
Positions: Steward/Mate/Deck Hand
Payment: Ideally would like to be paid a small wage for work done but depending on the situation/Boat am happy to help out and sail for free accom and for the experience.

I have had alot of experience in public relations and event co-ordination and logistics so am well suited to these positions.
I work as a TV Production Manager on programmes and when i am not contracted generally like to enjoy an adventure, go exploring, try new things and work abroad. I am very interested to work as a crew member this season.
I do not have experience working on boats or private yachts but my current job in project management, logistics, scheduling and budget control will be an advantage. I took part in some sailing in the Whitsunday islands off of Queensland a few years back and loved every minute of it.

I work in the TV and entertainment industry so am used to working with VIP Guests/celebrities etc and have the right personality and attitude for dealing with high clientelle, so would be able to cater for private yachts.

I am very keen to jump on board whereever i can as i am doing this just for the adventure, the experience and to take a break from the hectic world of television.

I am very willing to pickup new skills and learn and just go along with the ride.

I am predominantly interested in the regions of the Caribbean, South Pacific, Australasia but am available to work in the Med. I have a keen interest in island hopping.

I hold EU citizenship so visa's is generally not a concern.

I am happy to contribute a small fee where i can for the opportunity to join and sail / share basic costs.

I would like to find a position that pays a nominal fee

I am currently based in South Africa but would fly out to meet the boat.

Regards
Terence
terence_monash (a) yahoo . com