Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2014, 05:22   #1

Transatlantic crossing 2015

Hey all,

I Think this is the right place to inform that i seek a boat to be as a crew member to do my first transatlantic crossing, before my dream goal of an around the world cruise. Im going to be available for a crossing from 1.april 2015 to the end of september 2015.

Im a 22 year old guy from Finland with 4 years of experience of coastal archipelago sailing with 3 types of sailing boats. I have also served in the Finnish Navy for 9 months and out of the 9 months i spent 6 months at sea. I learnd everything about radar + paper chart navigation at night time (so the only electronic instrument was the radar) Then normally when i sail in the civil we never have a chartplotter, so we only rely on non-electric navigation tactics. In the Navy my rank was an Able seaman (corpral) and had to do alot with machinery also.

Im really adventures and i always work hard for my dreams. First step to pursue my dream is the transatlantic crossing

Please contact me if you seek crew member that you van rely on. I`ll work hard on any boat and i know the chain of command. Only thing i require is a somehow experienced captain so i can learn so much as possible from this journey. I speak fluent English, Swedish and of course Finnish. Thank you in advance
Old 20-05-2014, 05:31   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Transatlantic crossing 2015

I'd suggest you change your dates if your looking for a E-W crossing.. 99% will have already crossed as those date are not good.. approaching and during the hurricane season..
However.. if your prepared to pay your way by air to the Caribbean you may pull a W-E crossing April/May and early June..
Best wishes..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 20-05-2014, 05:38   #3

Re: Transatlantic crossing 2015

Thank you for the heads up and the reply. It wont be impossible to do it as a W to East crossing for me and i have also counted that i will have to pay for the trip to the carribean. All the best to you
Old 20-05-2014, 05:49   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Transatlantic crossing 2015

Oh... I forgot..

Welcome to CF....

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 20-05-2014, 07:11   #5

Well thank you again.
Old 20-05-2014, 16:51   #6

Boat: Beneteau 381

I'm planning a W to E crossing in late spring 15 in my 38' Beneteau. It will be from Annapolis, MD to the Eastern Med (Greek Isles). I thought it was too early to post for crew but apparently not. Keep in touch. I will need two more crew.
Lee
Old 23-05-2014, 23:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro.torikka View Post
Hey all,

I Think this is the right place to inform that i seek a boat to be as a crew member to do my first transatlantic crossing, before my dream goal of an around the world cruise. Im going to be available for a crossing from 1.april 2015 to the end of september 2015.

Im a 22 year old guy from Finland with 4 years of experience of coastal archipelago sailing with 3 types of sailing boats. I have also served in the Finnish Navy for 9 months and out of the 9 months i spent 6 months at sea. I learnd everything about radar + paper chart navigation at night time (so the only electronic instrument was the radar) Then normally when i sail in the civil we never have a chartplotter, so we only rely on non-electric navigation tactics. In the Navy my rank was an Able seaman (corpral) and had to do alot with machinery also.

Im really adventures and i always work hard for my dreams. First step to pursue my dream is the transatlantic crossing

Please contact me if you seek crew member that you van rely on. I`ll work hard on any boat and i know the chain of command. Only thing i require is a somehow experienced captain so i can learn so much as possible from this journey. I speak fluent English, Swedish and of course Finnish. Thank you in advance
Hello; I am in the process of having a Lagoon 560 built now and delivery should be the first of October 2014. It will be then taken to a Yacht Services facility in France where they will be adding many extras like solar, wind generator, advanced sails, and many other extras. Upon finishing there I am bringing it around to either Spain in the Med or southern France till end of January or February then take it across the Atlantic. Spend some time in the Caribbean and then through the canal and onward s.
If you are interested or have specific questions please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you.

M
Old 25-05-2014, 01:22   #8

Hey friend's .. my name is guy I am a sailor . I am 21 years old . I registered to crusiersfurom because im looking to join to a crew that cross the atlantic . I have a skipper licence and i like challenges. I will be available at October 2014 . My email adress: zusguy@gmail.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 25-05-2014, 23:55   #9

Hi,

I like the sound of your plans and would be delighted to hear more from you.
I will be available as a crew for 5 weeks top so in that time i would like to be your crew when crossing the atlantic. Please contact me if tou want more info from me and you can send me private messages.

Have a nice week.
Old 26-05-2014, 09:22   #10

Boat: on my wish list

Hello Matt ~ I would love to be considered for the shorter legs in EU, the Carribean and South. Depending on timing and level of comfort with crew, the Atlantic crossing. I can offer kitchen/meal preparation (shopping and cooking) and be part of the sailing crew too. I have sailing experience in SF Bay, where I live and a few Mexico and Carribean self-charter trips.

Please feel free to reach out to me at suedemorris@sbcglobal.net

Look forward to hearing from you!
Sue

Tags
atlantic crossing