Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2012, 14:24   #1

Transatlantic west to east arriving before december 27th

Hello Captains and Boat Owners.

My name is Alex I am Irish and I have been sailing cruising yachts for the last 12 years. I am 23 years old and most of my sailing has been on board racing cruisers taking part in all of the races in Ireland being part of the crew for Dick Dastardly, twice winner outrite of cork week 2006/2008. After being crew and winning all the Big regattas in Ireland aboard Dick Dastardly For 10 years I decided to change to more relaxed sailing and for the past 3 summers I Have been working as a charter skipper in both Croatia and Greece. I have just returned home to Ireland after working for Navigare Yachting in greece and Croatia for the last 4 months and doing a few weeks for www.theyachtweek.com. I have also been skipper for many racing boat deliveries around Ireland and the UK and europe. having sailed from Alicante to Dublin on 3 occasions

I am looking to join a boat that is going to be sailing from Europe doing a transatlantic. My final destination is that i have to be in the Brittish Virgin Island by the 27th of december as I have a skipper assignment starting on the 28th. I would like to join a boat either as crew or as skipper. If a full crew is needed then I could also arrange that as I know alot of qualified crew also looking to make the transit. The position would not have to be paid but all fees would have to be paid for.

If any interest or you would like to see a resume or references please do not hesitate to contact me by email on purealex**AT**live.com.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Alex England
During my time as a skipper on both racing and charter boats i have logged over 5000nm