Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2014, 09:13   #1

Boat: *future* 36-50' trimaran
Two Beginners Looking to Learn in Flordia.

Hey everyone!

We are in the process of searching out and buying a 36-50' trimaran. Negotiations have began on a really beautiful horstman 43. Now, here is the really crazy part, we don't know how to sail... We have a really amazing Capitan friend that is going to come join us as soon as there is a boat in our name, and some other friends with some experience are going to come fill out the crew. But I need to learn as much as possible in the mean time.

So it is my best friend and I, looking for a crew to spend some time with. We have both spent plenty of time on the water, but neither have sailed.. We are currently studying all that can be learned from a book, and are fast learners.
We have plenty of money to support ourselves, have a vehicle to come meet you, (and sleep in need be) (we are in south flordia) you can jam us into the smallest most uncomfortable corner to sleep in, and we are hard workers, with the sole focus of learning.

I am not sure if I need any boaters permits or anything, but will jump through any loops in the way. On top of that, even just advice on where to start would be veeerrry appreciated!

Even just the best way to learn in a little sailboat rental? Really, any advice would be awesome.

What would be most ideal, is a week or so long trip, somewhere in the S.E. United states, or keys, with an experienced crew that needs two more deck hands. But like I said, we are up for anything.

repost, or email me at jeffrfsparrow AT gmail DOT com

enjoy every moment!