Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59   #1

Unpaid Position For Offshore Experience

I am an Engineering consultant and would like to gain some offshore sailing experience between projects.

The deal is I will pay for my travel to and from your boat you just need to feed me..
I would prefer a coastal cruise up or down the US East Coast as my first offshore trip.

My current availability is
1. Thursday April 14th to Sunday April 24th. (10 Days)
2. Sunday May 1st to Wed May 18th. (17 Days)

My sailing background is
1. High School – NJ Coast
25 foot coastal cruiser
2. College – Hudson River/ NYC Harbor - Hoboken NJ
17 – 19 Ft day sailors.
3. Past 20 years – Lake Erie – Cleveland OH.
Venture 17, Yankee 24 Seahorse and I currently own a Kingfisher 20 twin keeler. Most of my sailing in the past 10 years has been Solo at night on Lake Erie.

I am a no-smoker but do not mind others who smoke, married for 27 years, father of 3 boys. I have a passport so flying to Bahamas or Bermuda etc is not a problem.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:29   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO 45.2
Re: Unpaid Position For Offshore Experience

We will be transiting the Canal at the end of April and have a spot from Panama to Seattle via Hawaii. If you are looking for offshore, you'll get about 8,000 nm between around May 1 through early July.

Share expenses, though, incl. food, diesel, marinas, etc.

Boat is a 2000 Jeanneau Sun Odyssesy 45 with two trans-Atlantic passages. Captain has a USCG 50-ton Master's license.

Reply to: nelson.peter1(at)live.com

Good luck.
Old 16-04-2011, 21:59   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46ft
Send a message via Skype™ to wayne slessor

Hi we have a big passage coming up starting in the Med in July sailing the season there ,then down the West coaste of Africa to Cape Town ,Madagascar ,Seychelles,Maldives,Sri Lanka ,Malaysia and back to Thailand.Looking for experienced sailing crew(all or part of the passage) non paid all food and costs included.Or maybe just the delivery run from StGiles in France to Palma late July 2011 12/14 days ,brand new Beneteau 46ft Oceanis yacht.Contact Wayne Slessor wayneslessor[at]gmail.com
Old 17-04-2011, 15:13   #4

Thanks for the offers above but they both are a little ambitious for my first offshore sail.

I also had a good talk with a gentleman who needs help moving his boat from Florida to NC in early May. He is in Panama today and has crew for the Panama to Florida but then he has no crew.

I gave him my word I would help him out if his schedule fits.

Thanks all,
Graham
Old 17-04-2011, 18:24   #5

Boat: MacGregor65- s/vSunsets

The Atlantic Cup Rally (aka Carib1500 & CRA) are leaving Tortola on May 1-- heading to Bermuda and then back to the East Coast. Someone may be looking for crew. Lots of fun-- good people. You can register as available crew by contacting them through their website: www.carib1500.com.

Tags
crew, offshore