Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2012, 12:25   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagruel
crew wanted for 60 ft classic yacht July 2012
Sailing US To Canada to Azores Europe and back to carribbean
opportunity for great sailing experience 2 weeks leg or long-term possible
Im interested. I live in SC, and have went through my bareboat charter certification in sailing on a 44' boat. I was also in the navy for 12 years as a submarine electrician so I can help out with any mechanical electrical maintenance or problem that might come up. Looking for experience sailing and a good adventure. I'd be interested in a leg longer.
Old 25-06-2012, 13:26   #17

Boat: classic yawl
Re: US Canada Azores Europa and Back to the Caribbean for the Winter

Good Guy, how can you know, that there are el. problems on an 90 year old boat?
Old 25-06-2012, 15:21   #18

Quote:
Good Guy, how can you know, that there are el. problems on an 90 year old boat?
Just figured I'd let you know my background if there were any upgrades made.
Old 25-06-2012, 15:26   #19

Boat: classic yawl

Hey Wynnla Send me your email adress please or contakt me on Facebock cheers Michael Sinzel
Old 25-06-2012, 15:44   #20

Quote:
Hey Wynnla Send me your email adress please or contakt me on Facebock cheers Michael Sinzel
My email is wynnla@yahoo.com
Old 29-06-2012, 01:57   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

Hi there. I'm a formally trained chef with my Canadian Red Seal certification. I have acquired levels 101 through 105 with the American Sailing Association, I have the STCW '95 (Northeast Maritme Institute, Fair Haven, Mass.), and I wrote and passed the USCG OUVP Captain's license exams (Seaschool, Panama City, FL). I also have my open water diving certification. Despite not having much sailing experience, I know I could be a valuable member to your team. I would have to re-learn some things, mostly the electronics, but I'm an ambitious guy, I love to learn and, most importantly, I learn fast. I started taking the ASA certifications just because I was curious, but it turned into a fascination and a love of the sea. But, I had to take the courses, including the Captain's course and the STCW '95, whenever I could get away from the restaurants I worked in. And that is why I probably don't have the experience you are looking for. Getting away from Toronto is these short, and unexpected, trips is why I have more sailing certifications than actual sea time. But once I started taking the ASA courses, it sort of became a goal to go through to the end. So, what started out as a sailing course taken when I was visiting in Puerto Rico, turned into a commitment to take all of the other courses the ASA is offers. I still have to get levels 106 to 108.

I'm 46 years old, I live clean, I'm respectful of others, and I love to learn. In fact, what this trip represents to me is an incredible opportunity to learn. I obviously know how to take instruction/orders, and my commitment to sailing, through all of my courses, I believe, makes me the perfect candidate.

Sincerely,

JK
Old 29-06-2012, 02:12   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

Hi there. I'm a formally trained chef with my Canadian Red Seal certification. I have acquired levels 101 through 105 with the American Sailing Association. I have the STCW '95 (Northeast Maritme Institute, Fair Haven, Mass.), and I wrote and passed the USCG OUVP Captain's license exams (Seaschool, Panama City, FL). I also have my open water diving certification. Despite not having alot of sea time experience I know I could be a valuable member to your team. I would have to re-learn some things, mostly the electronics, but I'm an ambitious guy, I love to learn and, most importantly, I learn fast. I started taking the ASA certifications just because I was curious, but it turned into a fascination and a love of the sea.

I'm 46 years old, I live clean, I'm respectful of others, and I love to learn. In fact, what this trip represents to me is an incredible opportunity to learn. I obviously know how to take instruction/orders, and my commitment to sailing, through all of my courses, I believe, makes me the perfect candidate.

Sincerely,

JK
Toronto, Canada

Tags
Azores, Canada, Caribbean, canada, azores, caribbean