Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2015, 04:08   #1

US East Coast all Summer Long

Owners (a couple) Seek Crew (1 or 2) for 18-ton Cutter Cruising US East Coast

We have sailed our 1998 Bruce Roberts Offshore-44 all up and down the east coast these past ten years. Now we are 68 and 66 years old, and no longer able to handle her with confidence in all conditions. Kestrel is a sweet boat, a little slow in light air but solid as a rock. We need one or two competent deckhands, preferably a couple, who will share the spacious forward V-berth with its own head and who can sail with us to destinations yet undetermined. Bermuda and/or the Bras d'Or Lakes of Cape Breton are possible. Block Island and Long Island Sound are likely. This arrangement is open ended and only about half time, although your berth is always available to you even while docked. Expenses paid. Compensation negotiable but won't be a lot. For more info, call or text 508-655-8123.
Old 14-01-2015, 06:11   #2

Re: US East Coast all Summer Long

Hi there, me and my partner are extremely interested in you're offer of deckhand. We are both strong, strong headed and quick learners.
I would love it if you could email me and discuss further.
Thankyou
Ashtondixon94@hotmail.co.uk
Old 14-01-2015, 18:19   #3

Hi. New here. But I'm a fast learner. US Army Veteran. Eagle Scout. Know my knots and how to sail in weather.

Patrick.bandana@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 21-01-2015, 07:51   #4

Hello,
My name is Kent. I retired at 57. I am flexible as far as a schedule goes and I can do whatever I want all summer long. I am 59 now and I ride a 27 speed bike 35 miles 2-4 times a week. I am in perfect health & I take no medications. I am sorry but there is no couple just me.

Some sailing info:
0) NO drugs & very light drinking.
1) I like sailing at night.
2) I have both US Sailing Ocean Cruising and ASA Coastal Passage Making certificates.
3) I sailed Charleston to Bermuda 2 times.
4) I have Captained a 49 footer several times in the IP in Canada.
5) I am an electrical engineer and an ex car mechanic so I know how to work on many systems on a boat.
6) I have been cooking since 11.
7) I have sailed a fair amount. I think nearly 10K sea miles.
8) I sailed for 2 months on a Cat in Spain and 2 weeks on a boat in Croatia in 2013. I remodeled my house in 2014 and I did not get to go sailing that year.
9) I have attended several SAS seminars & I have had some medical training.
10) I would pay for my own food. You paying me is out of the question. I would be lucky if I could go sailling.
11) I want to sail the East Coast and especially Canada at a slow pace & take pictures and go hiking.

If any of this looks like a match please let me know. I would have to tune up my Sailing Resume to add in the sailing I did in the last 2 years.

Kent
Pittsboro NC (near Raliegh)
919 542-2997
Old 21-01-2015, 16:25   #5

Boat: C&C 29 _BASIA MILLE

Ralph is 67 years fit and experienced. Since 1978, owned, raced and cruised a C&C 29 from New York to Nantucket, Lake Michigan and Chesapeake Bay. Since 2009 have been assisting in deliveries and cruising for owner of larger sailing vessels (40-50’), including Bras d’ Or (425 nm-2009) , St Laurence Quebec City to Maine (1115 nm-2011), Chesapeake Bay to Maine (425nm-2012), Tortola to Long Island Sound (1685nm-2012), Charleston, SC to Chesapeake Bay (mostly offshore-600nm-2014). Full sailing resume available on request.
Past Commodore Philadelphia Sailing Club which charters 36-45’ yachts all over the world.
Training includes OUPV Captain’s certificate (57 hours) , SAS/ISAF, Crew Overboard (6 hours), Coastal Piloting & Navigation(20 hours), Diesel Engines (6 hours), SCUBA NAUI.
Non-smoker. Conscientious, tolerant of almost everyone and everything.
Philadelphia area based. Flexible work schedule (semi-retired consultant) but would limit trips to 14 days or less. If you want someone for a particular segment check to see what can be worked out. No compensation required.

Ralph

610-933-2406 or email skipper@basiamille.net
Old 27-01-2015, 09:13   #6

this opportunity still available?
Old 28-01-2015, 13:49   #7

Boat: Canadian Sailcraft 27

We are a couple wanting to become excellent sailors. We are looking to buy a boat in a year or two and want to have the skills to sail and handle any mechanical problem that may come our way.
We are farmers and are used to rising early and working hard in the sun, we are also used to spending all of our time together and love being a team.

Tags
east coast