Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 10:37   #1

USCG Master Lic. Couple Deliver/Crew on Cats Free

Hello,
Experienced husband and wife looking to crew exclusively on multihulls. US coast guard master license. 28 years combined multihull experience. We love to help sail cats and do not need or want to be paid for our services.
We currently own a Farrier 31R carbon fiber racing trimaran. However, she is not by any stretch a cruising boat. Our previous boat was a beautiful new Australian built 46 foot aluminum cat. We lived aboard her for two years cruising Thailand and Malaysia. We currently live on our ranch in South Dakota (20 min from Deadwood) half the year and in our condo in Key West Florida the other half.
Experience:
Coast Guard captain 50 ton Licence husband and wife team both in 30's looking to deliver/help owners deliver exclusively on Catamarans and Trimarans. If the situation is right, we expect NO FEE as we love to help, love cats, and we were blessed to retire early form a career in real estate development. 28 years combined Multihull experience. Delivered a new 60' F.P. catamaran transatlantic with the ARC rally in 2007, Great boat lots of wind-fast passage. We believe a boat should always be in top shape and we have no problem with boat work.

Sarah 30: Great sailor perennial race winner, Loves going up the mast and is probably at least my equal when it comes to repair work. As fun and easy to get along with as any human on earth.

Don 36: I have owned cats and tris for the past 20 years. Soon after graduating from college I graduated from Chapman's School of Seamanship. Currently hold a US Coast Guard License 50 ton commercial. There is still far more for me to learn about the ocean and boats before I will consider myself a true seaman. We are laid back and not know it alls. I don't think I have ever been in a bad mood on a boat, but I don't sleep well if there is a boat project that is left undone. I truly do not mind chipping in with on board work. In fact a good sail boat deserves nothing less than my best effort to take care of her.

Thanks for reading
Don