Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2016, 22:00   #1

Vancouver BC / 1 Day to 2 Weeks

Hi!

My name is Alfredo, 41, originally from Argentina, I've lived in Florida for the past 17 years.

Boating experience: I have owned powerboats for the past 12 years, fishing offshore mostly out of port Canaveral FL (the gulf stream is 20-30 NM out). and I self learned to sail small boats, Sunfish and others. I still own a Hobie Kayak Adventure Island (trimaran sailing) which I love.

For the past 7 months We are on a road trip on my motorhome, we drove all the way from Orlando. This is our Northern stop from here we will start going south.
What can I said I'm in love with this city, and BC in general. We were suppose to stay around here for a week, however 1 month has pass and we just renew for another at Capilano Rv Park.

However.... I need some sea... Not having my Adventure Island here is killing me... I run few times over Lion Gate Bridge and I see sail boats passing by all the time... is really a traumatic experience for a sea goer like me...

Anyway I offer myself for crewing, 1 day to maximum of 2 weeks. I have been offshore many many times, in my own boat (powerboat 23 Cobia) and also with a Charter company that take you for a 3 days fishing 80NM out in the Gulf of Mexico. But not experience on sailing boats. I'm an eager learning and I assure you will help you with whatever need to be done around the boat.

I'm in very good shape I run and bike few times per week.

I have no problem sharing cost, transportation etc. Is only for me. my wife and daughter are OK staying.... up to 2 weeks .
Old 24-10-2016, 22:29   #2

Boat: Corbin 39
Re: Vancouver BC / 1 Day to 2 Weeks

I would suggest going down to the clubs at Stanley Park to find out when they have club races. Theres also a few big marinas out in West Van , same thing, you should be able to find a few boats that would welcome you aboard.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:27   #3

Boat: bavaria 46 - CharMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameratoys View Post
Hi!

My name is Alfredo, 41, originally from Argentina, I've lived in Florida for the past 17 years.

Boating experience: I have owned powerboats for the past 12 years, fishing offshore mostly out of port Canaveral FL (the gulf stream is 20-30 NM out). and I self learned to sail small boats, Sunfish and others. I still own a Hobie Kayak Adventure Island (trimaran sailing) which I love.

For the past 7 months We are on a road trip on my motorhome, we drove all the way from Orlando. This is our Northern stop from here we will start going south.
What can I said I'm in love with this city, and BC in general. We were suppose to stay around here for a week, however 1 month has pass and we just renew for another at Capilano Rv Park.

However.... I need some sea... Not having my Adventure Island here is killing me... I run few times over Lion Gate Bridge and I see sail boats passing by all the time... is really a traumatic experience for a sea goer like me...

Anyway I offer myself for crewing, 1 day to maximum of 2 weeks. I have been offshore many many times, in my own boat (powerboat 23 Cobia) and also with a Charter company that take you for a 3 days fishing 80NM out in the Gulf of Mexico. But not experience on sailing boats. I'm an eager learning and I assure you will help you with whatever need to be done around the boat.

I'm in very good shape I run and bike few times per week.

I have no problem sharing cost, transportation etc. Is only for me. my wife and daughter are OK staying.... up to 2 weeks .
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegowen View Post
58 year old single professional (Kelloggs Cereal Production Manager) in excellent physical condition looking to spend some time on a sailboat and learn the ropes. Can contribute $700, my skills, and will share any other costs (food, fuel, etc.). Easy going, fun to have on a boat, and I'll bring the wine. I can fly anywhere to meet the boat for the above time frame. Thanks Forum Folks for any ideas or suggestions.

Re., Lane
I have a Bavaria 46 in puerto Vallarta.
I have sailed this boat from the med, across the Atlantic, across the Caribbean, to the pacific and up to puerto Vallarta. On approximately November 29, I will be sailing south to Huatulco or perhaps a little further to Chiapas. Am looking for crew, have on board, two paddle boards, kayak, snorkeling gear, etc. Many nice stops along the way.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:28   #4

Boat: bavaria 46 - CharMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegowen View Post
58 year old single professional (Kelloggs Cereal Production Manager) in excellent physical condition looking to spend some time on a sailboat and learn the ropes. Can contribute $700, my skills, and will share any other costs (food, fuel, etc.). Easy going, fun to have on a boat, and I'll bring the wine. I can fly anywhere to meet the boat for the above time frame. Thanks Forum Folks for any ideas or suggestions.

Re., Lane
I have a Bavaria 46 in puerto Vallarta.
I have sailed this boat from the med, across the Atlantic, across the Caribbean, to the pacific and up to puerto Vallarta. On approximately November 29, I will be sailing south to Huatulco or perhaps a little further to Chiapas. Am looking for crew, have on board, two paddle boards, kayak, snorkeling gear, etc. Many nice stops along the way.