Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2015, 13:33   #1

Boat: Monte Fino, Motor, 65 ft
Voluntary crew wanted

Hi there,

We are a couple who is in need of a male volunteer crew (we don't prefer female or couple to prevent drama) in exchange for a free once in a lifetime one year travel experience on board our 65 ft yacht. You will have your own room but remember since this is a yacht, don't expect your room to be big(see pic 3)and bathroom and will have a chance to see the best of south Florida, the Bahamas, Carribean up to the Panama Canal, some parts of Mexico and California. Free food and basic toiletries

We expect the crew to be:
-a good swimmer
-have basic knowledge in areas related to anything nautical (you will have an advantage if you're a skipper)
-decent (no druggy, alcoholic and psychopath pls---we will conduct background check)
-drama free (that's why we don't want a couple lol)
-a go getter, passion for travel
-willing to learn about skipping and everything about the boat
-we are not keen on what you should do during your free time but pls no drinks&drugs on the boat

If you feel that you're the perfect candidate, pls do contact us and provide the ff:

Let us know what makes you the perfect crew for our yacht

Share a bit about your life story with us. A picture and link to your social media, blog, portfolio and the likes will be appreciated.

Like us on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...9&ref=bookmark
Old 11-01-2015, 18:29   #2

Re: Voluntary crew wanted

What kind of yacht is your yacht?
How old is your yacht?
One year starting where/when....ending where/when?
Total number of people on board?
What is your expertise in seamanship ?
I don't visit facebook, twitter ect.. so i will not see any of the info explaining my questions other than what you post here on this web site.
cheers
Old 12-01-2015, 05:14   #3

Hi,. Sending u a message on facebook

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 12-01-2015, 06:48   #4

I'm 69 y/o and have sailed off and on for years. I am retired and married, but I can get a pass from my wife to sail a bit. I have my ham radio license (KM4FUD) and can usually keep the pointy end of the boat going ahead. A year is out, but I'd be willing to take shorter bites of up to a month. Drop me a line if interested.

Gene Roll 423-653-7417
Old 12-01-2015, 10:37   #5

Hi, I am a 20 year old male looking for work on a yacht and your advert sounded perfect for me.
I am hard working and eager to learn new things about the boat and the job role. I love the sea and travelling and I believe we will get on well.
I currently live in the UK.
Where are you setting sail and when would we be back?
If you would like to private message me about your once in a lifetime opportunity, please get in touch, thankyou.
Old 13-01-2015, 12:50   #6

Voluntary crew wanted

Hi everyone, thank you for taking interest in this once in a lifetime opportunity. To give you a thorough background about us, what we do in our day to day life as comfort travelers and such, pls read the following:

We have been dreaming to travel the world for quite sometime now but just like other couples who are trapped in the hustle and buzzllllllleeeeee of crazy city life, we have to choice but to accept that some dreams are just meant to be a dream.....though deep in our heart we know that there's got to be a way out... After all, if you really set your mind to it, everything else will follow---and that is what we slowly did after constant planning.

Fast forward July 2013. Oh such magical month! After finally tying the knot, we also had a love at first sight for this 65 ft 1994 Monte Fino Motor Yacht we found in Quincy, MA. Honestly speaking, the man of the house has been seriously searching that dream boat and were traveling to various locations in the US and abroad just to search for the perfect yacht for us. Being a skipper in the Israeli Army for a few years during his youth, his love for boats, the ocean and sailing paved way for him to travel as far as Asia just to rent catamarans and motor yachts to hone his sailing skills even further. In preparation for this adventure, he also did the USC licensure exam and passed it with flying colors.

As for me, the woman of the boat... I have a lot more to learn as I don't know much about being a skipper. However, my love for my husband, traveling with him, feeding him with good food and keeping the boat in ship shape entices me to do better each day.

For our day to day schedule, there are days wherein basically we do nothing but just toy up the dingy and explore nearby beaches, eat in restos, doing picnics and the likes. Don't expect that we do that 24/7 then coz there are also times when we spend days like cavemen---though it's more of us in the engine room figuring out which is which!

Currently, we are in Rybovich Marina West Palm Beach as we had to do some fiberglass repairs. After which, we will be heading back south up to Key West for more updating and prepare the boat for our once in a lifetime adventure, which will begin hopefully around the first or second week of March 2015. (Depending ofcourse with the weather condition) via the Bahamas. From there, we plan to sail the Caribbean, all the way to the Panama Canal up to Mexico then California and if our budget, schedule and climate permits, even up to Alaska!
Now for the crew specifications, aside from what we indicated in our ad, we need someone who understands what it is to livaboard 24/7. Meaning, someone who would be an asset and not a liability. Let's face it, living this kind of lifestyle is not for everyone (even I is not spared from that)....There are days when we anchor and at the back of my mind, I'm dying inside coz I need to go to the city for my pedicure lol funny but true). Also, we prefer someone with health insurance for your own protection and ours as well.

Ohhhh anchoring, let's talk about crazy anchoring! We just installed our second anchor and my husband is going gaga on it. He would talk about it very scientifically detailed, sometimes I just can't get the hang of it lol. With this, I prefer our crew to have a background on anchoring in the Caribbean as well as mooring and the best marinas that won't break the bank. Someone whose patience, dedicated, fast learner and an easy going guy but no blabber mouth pls lol. Also, this is not a vacation so please when we clean the boat, please don't just watch tv or play with your phone. We are looking for a crew, a family member---not someone who is just in need of free accommodation and travel perks! Sorry, I just have to be blunt on this!

Finally, we received a lot of messages from interested parties who would like to join but couldn't provide any information about themselves. When contacting us, please be more detailed and give us more info about you as well as your contact number.

Thank you very much!
Marie

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 13-01-2015, 15:51   #7

Yes I may be the Man for the Adventure. Before I spend my time responding, you may want to qualify If I am your frame of reference.

Thank You!
Old 13-01-2015, 16:13   #8

Hi there, tell us more about yourself pls.

Old 13-01-2015, 16:46   #9

Well I have been traveling around the Caribbean for a couple of years now. St Lucia ,
Dominica, Trinidad a month on Tobago, Belize of corse ,Roatan, Honduras ,Cancun - Playa Del Carmen- Tulum , Mex.
I am in Antigua now thinking about taking another sailing class with Ondeck (RYA ) Antigua & Barbuda or...........
The profile will tell some.
Old 14-01-2015, 06:06   #10

I'm hoping I'm the man for the job. I have no professional experience anchoring, but since I was a child, I have loved boats and I am a quick learner and a very smart young man. I have always wanted to travel the world and i think life is far too short not to live it.
I believe that I would be great on your trip as I am a very clean individual so no worries of me leaving you to do everything lol. I can also cook so if you ever wanted a night off, you can trust me to rustle up a slap up meal.
You say you're looking for someone to be apart of the family and honestly, I was thinking the same. I think we will get on great.
My family have all been skippers and my great granddad was in the royal navy.
I would love it if you could email me and get to know each other a bit more.
Ashtondixon94@outlook.com
Thank you again
Old 19-01-2015, 09:40   #11

Hi guys, pls give us a call and provide your cv. Our phone number is 9495109739

Old 19-01-2015, 10:07   #12

Yacht Hobbies couple needs male volunteer crew for Bahamas and Carribbean once in a l

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1421690668.264095.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	95722Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1421690759.023369.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	95723
We are a couple who is in need of a male volunteer crew (we don't prefer female or couple to prevent drama) in exchange for a free once in a lifetime one year travel experience on board our 65 ft yacht. You will have your own room but remember since this is a yacht, don't expect your room to be big(see pic 1)and bathroom and will have a chance to see the best of south Florida, the Bahamas, Carribean up to the Panama Canal, some parts of Mexico and California. Free food and basic toiletries

We expect the crew to be:

-a good swimmer

-have basic knowledge in areas related to anything nautical (you will have an advantage if you're a skipper)

-decent (no druggy, alcoholic and psychopath pls---we will conduct background check)

-drama free (that's why we don't want a couple lol)

-a go getter, passion for travel

-willing to learn about skipping and everything about the boat

-we are not keen on what you should do during your free time but pls no smoking, drinks&drugs on the boat

Old 19-01-2015, 10:11   #13

Re: Yacht Hobbies couple needs male volunteer crew for Bahamas and Carribbean once in

Hi everyone, thank you for taking interest in this once in a lifetime opportunity. To give you a thorough background about us, what we do in our day to day life as comfort travelers and such, pls read the following:

We have been dreaming to travel the world for quite sometime now but just like other couples who are trapped in the hustle and buzzllllllleeeeee of crazy city life, we have to choice but to accept that some dreams are just meant to be a dream.....though deep in our heart we know that there's got to be a way out... After all, if you really set your mind to it, everything else will follow---and that is what we slowly did after constant planning.

Fast forward July 2013. Oh such magical month! After finally tying the knot, we also had a love at first sight for this 65 ft 1994 Monte Fino Motor Yacht we found in Quincy, MA. Honestly speaking, the man of the house has been seriously searching that dream boat and were traveling to various locations in the US and abroad just to search for the perfect yacht for us. Being a skipper in the Israeli Army for a few years during his youth, his love for boats, the ocean and sailing paved way for him to travel as far as Asia just to rent catamarans and motor yachts to hone his sailing skills even further. In preparation for this adventure, he also did the USC licensure exam and passed it with flying colors.

As for me, the woman of the boat... I have a lot more to learn as I don't know much about being a skipper. However, my love for my husband, traveling with him, feeding him with good food and keeping the boat in ship shape entices me to do better each day.

For our day to day schedule, there are days wherein basically we do nothing but just toy up the dingy and explore nearby beaches, eat in restos, doing picnics and the likes. Don't expect that we do that 24/7 then coz there are also times when we spend days like cavemen---though it's more of us in the engine room figuring out which is which!

Currently, we are in Rybovich Marina West Palm Beach as we had to do some fiberglass repairs. After which, we will be heading back south up to Key West for more updating and prepare the boat for our once in a lifetime adventure, which will begin hopefully around the first or second week of March 2015. (Depending ofcourse with the weather condition) via the Bahamas. From there, we plan to sail the Caribbean, all the way to the Panama Canal up to Mexico then California and if our budget, schedule and climate permits, even up to Alaska!

Now for the crew specifications, aside from what we indicated in our ad, we need someone who understands what it is to livaboard 24/7. Meaning, someone who would be an asset and not a liability. Let's face it, living this kind of lifestyle is not for everyone (even I is not spared from that)....There are days when we anchor and at the back of my mind, I'm dying inside coz I need to go to the city for my pedicure lol funny but true). Also, we prefer someone with health insurance for your own protection and ours as well.

Ohhhh anchoring, let's talk about crazy anchoring! We just installed our second anchor and my husband is going gaga on it. He would talk about it very scientifically detailed, sometimes I just can't get the hang of it lol. With this, I prefer our crew to have a background on anchoring in the Caribbean as well as mooring and the best marinas that won't break the bank. Someone whose patience, dedicated, fast learner and an easy going guy but no blabber mouth pls lol. Also, this is not a vacation so please when we clean the boat, please don't just watch tv or play with your phone. We are looking for a crew, a family member---not someone who is just in need of free accommodation and travel perks! Sorry, I just have to be blunt on this!

Finally, we received a lot of messages from interested parties who would like to join but couldn't provide any information about themselves. When contacting us, please be more detailed (email your cv via m.s.shirilillc@gmail.com and give us more info about you as well as your contact number.

Thank you very much!

Old 20-01-2015, 12:00   #14

Boat: Dickerson Ketch 37'

Dear Shirili:
I am most interested in your proposal for a crew person.
I have sailed the Great Lakes and the East Coast in my Bristol 40' Yawl, 40' Grand Banks Trawler and most recently my 37' Dickerson Ketch with my sailing partner who has since gone to a better place. We sailed the Newport to Bermuda in a friend's 55' Sabre and did some sailing in the Caribbean.
I am a member of Facebook and LinkedIn and can be reached very easily by e-mail.
I am planning on being in the Miami area in early February and would look forward to meeting with you folks for a face to face.
I am attaching a copy of my resume to give you a little or a lot of background on myself, you decide! (Having problems with this system, I'll e-mail them direct, once I get your number,)
I love cooking, as you can see that I have an extensive hospitality background!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!
Dave
Old 20-01-2015, 12:11   #15

Hi Dave,

Please send us your resume via m.s.shirilillc@gmail.com. Are you aware that this is a volunteer gig, meaning no pay but free travel and accommodation?

Sent from my iPhone

Marie
Like us on Facebook: MSShirili

Tags
Bahamas, crew, crew wanted, rib, wanted, yacht