Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2013, 20:47   #1

Wanna sail Fiji to Australia (sep-okt)?

We are now in Tahiti. Our crew is leaving from Fiji so we need two new.
38ft catamaran.

So, do you wanna do some sailing?
Mid september to mid october. Stop in New Caledonia after Fiji. Heading to Brisbane/Bundaberg in oz

Andreas
Old 16-07-2013, 18:46   #2

Re: Wanna sail Fiji to Australia (sep-okt)?

JUST SENT A PM TO YOU ANDREAS...
REGARDS,
CLAUDIO
Old 20-07-2013, 21:14   #3

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels
I'm interested, what would the terms be? I'm currently on a 68 ft my in NYC ending sept. I'm a sailor at heart and have a few passages under my belt.
Old 29-07-2013, 19:21   #4

Hello,

I am currently based in New Zealand where my visa will expire in September. I have no official plans for after New Zealand and am keen for an adventure!

I have river and lake sailing experience. I have 'captained' boats (flying scot; rainbow) in these environments with crew that have never sailed before.

I am really interested in learning more. I am a geographer at heart and am up for adventure!

Get in touch if you have any questions!

Cheers,
JJ
Old 01-08-2013, 19:59   #5

Boat: Bavaria 808

Hi Andreas

I (Swiss, M, 35) am looking for a boat for exactly this route but a little bit later towards mid/end of Okt.
I have done some sailing and I am collecting miles for my skipper permit, so I can also navigate etc.

At the moment I am still travelling South America but I will be heading for Fiji/Australia mid/end of October.

If for any reason your plans might change and you leave a bit later, I would be very much interested. I am a reliable person, keen to learn and have good humour.

Safe travels!
Robert

p.s. I am travelling around the world with my finance (27), if possible she might join, since you are looking for two new crew.
Old 01-08-2013, 20:23   #6

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

A bit of a heads up on the wind out of Fiji,

I left Lautoka in the dark, and came out half way up Fiji and then went north, I was buggered and went to sleep, My Mistake, Going north west,

Above Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia, The Trade winds are constantly Flowing to the north west,

Below these Countrys the winds blow constantly to the South west, Stay under these Countrys for an easy sail to OZ,

I had a hell of a time trying to sail down to Bundaberg,
Old 13-08-2013, 23:56   #7

I have no sailing experience. I am an experienced kite surfer and surfer. I bought some property in Fiji, and am setting up a kite school here next year. I have always wanted to sail. My dad bought a Yacht and is sailing it from Gladstone QLD to Fiji next year. Anyway, I would be keen for an opportunity to make the voyage back to Australia this year? 30 yr old, fit, polite and hard working.
Cheers, Phill
Old 23-08-2013, 16:56   #8

i am currently in lahaina waiting for next weekends arrival of sailboats from oahu. i'm looking to sail for the next year with the destination, eventually, australia. if i find a crew position, great, or if you are in dire need withhelp call me to discuss options. thxs ted rat 208 964 5988
Old 23-08-2013, 20:54   #9

Hi Andreas,

I'm also staying here in Hawaii. I can meet up with you in Fiji at any time. I have limited sailing experience, but know enough to take a 27ft out for a day of fun.
Old 29-08-2013, 18:22   #10

Hi Andreas.

I am currently in New Caledonia. I am a 26 year old female from New Zealand.
I have been sailing on a 12 meter passport 40for the past few months. I am wanting to head to Australia.
I am a quick learner, enthusiastic, practical, fast thinking and good at cooking and cleaning.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,

Inki
Old 02-09-2013, 03:38   #11

Hi Andreas,

I am a 31yr old man from Denmark with a basic sailing license general sailing experience. Have my own boat in Copenhagen 24ft Drabant. Looking to help aboard a sailboat for a few months from mid/late sep. Currently a IT Project manager.

I would like to sail and keep watch, willing to learn and work onboard, independent and responsible. Positive and happy and searching for a adventure on sea.

Please let me know if you are looking for crew.

Cheers,
-Mads
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11   #12

Hi Andreas,

I'm interested in coming along for your trip - I've been working as a Mate on 50-60m yachts for the past 8 years so my navigation skills etc are good, (Chief Mate Yachts <3000GT, 35000 miles at sea) I'm a surfer and I've owned my own 35ft sloop so my seamanship is strong and I love getting off the beaten track and exploring.
I'm also into freediving and spearfishing so I'll definitely be trying to put good food on the table every day.
Sense of humour is good, work ethic is good, and interest in the world is very high!
I'm currently in Brisbane, let me know if you need any more info.
Best regards,
Chris

Tags
Australia, Fiji, sail