Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2006, 16:54   #16
Kai Nui

sluissa, sorry I hijacked your thread. The same offer is extended in the Monterey area if you do happen to get out here
Thomas, we'll have to meet out there and all go for a good sail and some German food

Old 14-09-2006, 19:14   #17

Sluissa: If you can get to JAX. drop me a PM and we can get you out on the water for the weekend sometime. David
Old 14-09-2006, 23:20   #18

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
jacksonville is still a bit far, but if the offer is still open next summer, I might be able to take you up on it.

Thank's kai, if I keep getting offers over there I might be able to just move over in cali and hop from boat to boat staying a night or two at each :P and no worries on the thead hijack, I know I've done my share of hijacking threads here and there, never intentionally of course

I appreciate all the offers, but given that my only form of transportation (excluding public(expensive) and feet(slow and tiring)) is technically owned by my parents, and my dad is heavily against "unneeded wear and tear" I'd really doubt being able to go anywhere more than an hour or two's drive

but still I really do appreciate all the offers just helps prove the stereotype(of the good kind) that cruisers are nice people
Old 15-09-2006, 07:15   #19

Boat: ketch, 51'
Greetings Sluissa,

Our boat survived Katrina and the waters are now cleared. You are welcome to join us in the MS gulf coast for some sailing. We have been planning a trip to Pensacola, just awaiting the passing of hurricane season.
Old 16-09-2006, 00:08   #20

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
Thanks Mario!
If you're ever in Pensacola or heading this way, send me an email(or, if you'd rather call me, lemme know and I'll give you my number in a private message)!

Other than that, when my classes settle down a bit, I'll try and plan a trip over there, subject to your schedule too, of course.

In the meantime though, I've found out that the sailing club at my college has free open sailing on saturdays, which I'm gonna check out later this morning. From what I hear though, it's usually pretty packed, and I'm not sure if it will be the most enjoyable experience, being on a small daysailer packed to(or past) capacity.

Thanks everybody
Old 20-09-2006, 08:45   #21

Boat: Benteau 361, 36' Know Patience
Hey if you, or anyone else is in Key West, My boat would love a guest and crew for a few....and a sail...