Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2016, 03:51   #1

Boat: Lagoon 42
400L, Helm seat comfort

The helm seat is one place our Lagoon 400 is really lacking! I doubt we can be alone in this thought so what have you done to increase the comfort of the helm seat of your 400? I see us making changes to it or replacing it completely in the near future and would like to see ideas from others.

Thanks,

Craig

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
AZ_Zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 05:38   #2

Boat: FP Elba 45
Re: 400L, Helm seat comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Zoner View Post
The helm seat is one place our Lagoon 400 is really lacking! I doubt we can be alone in this thought so what have you done to increase the comfort of the helm seat of your 400? I see us making changes to it or replacing it completely in the near future and would like to see ideas from others.

Thanks,

Craig

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
I agree Lagoon could have done a much better job, if you look at the latest Lagoon 42S the seat is a real poverty pack job, it is exactly the same as hours but without the arm rests!! unbelievable for a brand new model. I think the only solution is to replace the seat with a new one that would likely have to be custom made, or there are a few double seats on the net I have found but haven't got around to measuring up to see if a simple bolt on would be possible.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 14:20   #3

The easiest solution if you find the helm seat uncomfortable is a "comfort seat" or two.

Home

Two of the regular size fit securely on a L400 helm seat. Personally, I don't find the seating too bad, and most cat cruisers envy a seat for two in the shade with such a great view of the water.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 00:00   #4

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskie View Post
The easiest solution if you find the helm seat uncomfortable is a "comfort seat" or two.

Home

Two of the regular size fit securely on a L400 helm seat. Personally, I don't find the seating too bad, and most cat cruisers envy a seat for two in the shade with such a great view of the water.
Hi Tuskie, I will have to run the above past our Tibetan Terrier he loves to sit in the Captains chair but I think he might like a bigger one.!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tashi on seat 2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	131255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tashi on seat.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	131256  

peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 02:41   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
Hi Tuskie, I will have to run the above past our Tibetan Terrier he loves to sit in the Captains chair but I think he might like a bigger one.!!
I'm sure Tashi is very discerning and knows his rightful place as "top dog".

A comfortable helm seat is great, as long as it isn't so " loungechair-like" that it may promote snoozing.

I'm also sure that Tashi is a more competent skipper than some of the large motorboat drivers that I have recently encountered. Especially those owning a popular brand that begins with "R". They are terrors, not terriers.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 17:00   #6

Boat: Lagoon 38

We have a Lagoon 38 that came with a pedestal seat. We had a fabricator that makes towers, leaning posts, and seats for mainly center console boats make us a seat. He suggested that it be 36 inches wide to accommodate two people. We then had the cushions for the seat and backrest made. We have about $550.00 into it. Well worth the money. Is not in the way of lines or wench.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 17:49   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Yep, gotta have room around the helm seat for a wench.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
helm