Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 06:03   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2
Bedside Light fitting removal

We have a 2015 400S2. The LED has gone in the bedside light due to condensation. We are currently in Greece.

Would anyone happen to know how the fitting is removed? I presume it's a completely new assembly required?

If anyone has removed this specific type of fitting, comments would be appreciated.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:10   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Orana 44
Re: Bedside Light fitting removal

I'm not familiar with your assembly, but I have changed a couple of our halogen reading lights to LED fixtures....could you post a closeup pic of your lamp and bulb?
There are many replacement LED bulbs available and this might be your solution. The other is complete assembly replacement (not all that much more expensive, if you are wanting a new lamp appearance, anyway).

I'm in the process of replacing four halogen reading lights with four LED assemblies (complete) that I just purchased from Opensky site (total price was around $72US for the four of them and the come on a flexible 4" gooseneck, mounted to the bulkhead).

If moisture was really the culprit in the failure, you'll want to determine the source of that before you just replace the bulb or fitting so it doesn't repeat.
pstadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:49   #3

Hi pstadt,
Thank you for your reply, please see attached photo. For the time being, I need to remove it. I think the condensation is because we are in Greece which is colder and wetter than Spain, I also use the lamp a lot so it is regularly being heated up and cooled in a cool or cold environment. We only run the aircon for about 15 minutes a day.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	161790  
Old 08-01-2018, 05:24   #4

Roger and Heather, I did a quick online search and that lamp assembly appears to be a Jacob, with a 12v, 2.5W LED bulb that has a two prong electrical end (think two metal toothpicks coming out of the bottom of the bulb). With a little coaxing (and a little suction cup applied to the bulb face), it should pull right out of the lamp. You've probably figured this out already if you've removed the entire assembly from the bulkhead.

And just in case you are thinking about replacing the entire unit, here's the link to the site I just purchased from, with a couple of options. I purchased the ones on the goosenecks, which also have a blue light option in addition to the white light, built in.

https://www.opensky.com/search?q=12v+led+reading+lamp

Supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so if you want, I'll let you know what I think of them.

Pat
Old 08-01-2018, 10:40   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

http://www.quickmarinelighting.com/?...1&ms3=6&ms4=24

Maybe email them.
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30   #6

Thank you pstadt and nigel1 for identifying so quickly. I have emailed Italy, however, this may be a rare exception when the price from Lagoon is cheaper than prices seen so far.

Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:31   #7

Just an update on my lights...I installed four new LED lights yesterday (in place of the original halogen lights that came with our FP). They are on flexible goose necks; first touch of the button gives a soft blue light (perfect for a night light, but it's overly bright in the attached photo...it's really much softer than it appears) and the second touch turns on the white reading light (too bright for the camera, so I took a shot of one turned off). I'm pretty happy with the lights and they were delivered extremely quickly - I'm in the US and ordered them on a Friday and got them on a Monday....don't know how international delivery would work out.
Anyway, I hope you get an easy solution to your lights.

Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1998.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	161912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1999.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	161913