Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2012, 05:36   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Carrying an Ultralite on a Lagoon 440?

It sure is. My 10 footer has a max hp rating of 12.

A 3.5 Zodiac future on the other hand has a maximum of 30.

Depends on the design and build.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 05:39   #17

Boat: Lagoon 440

Nah real Aussie stuff, it's a centre console not sure if you can see it in the pic's. Have seen 40footers over here with 3 350 supercharged on them, they howl. There are a lot of Williams Jet Dinghy's but you almost sit on top......
Old 23-09-2012, 05:40   #18

Just threw the tape over it it's 2.6metres....
Old 23-09-2012, 22:05   #19
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

goin great guys,,380 is faultless! Just doing 5 am anchor watch in Ibiza,,urghh..Ok its 7am now...sun is alllmost up!
good luck with the cat coldar ! you will love it I'm sure..
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 22:11   #20

Our son was here with us for 6 weeks and flew to IBIZA for a week, crazy place he said... How much wind Monte? Take care..
Old 23-09-2012, 22:23   #21
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ahhh 30k now. My fault for anchoring a bit too far inside a Bay. I should have anchored out a bit but now I have a lee shore to worry about
The weather is changing here now, I guess it wont be long till I am flying to a warmer climate ! How's sunny Croatia? Are you staying the Winter?
Old 23-09-2012, 22:38   #22

OK, we tend to look at worse case scenarios and anchor out, 2 weeks ago the wind freshened to 20knots making our bay a lee shore the NAVTEX was saying it would get stronger so we moved, within a half hour it was 45knots plus....
Grand kids loved it sitting up top watching the waves as we slow punched to gain the LEE of an island..

About a week ago we noticed a chill so agree there for sure, we are forced to stay in CROATIA as our REGO isn't finished yet, 'tis one of the problems of buying a foreign boat all the paperwork is in AUSTRIAN, so every document must be translated and notatted which is even harder in a country that speaks CROATIAN.....

We have some repairs to do on our anchor roller which i'll finish removing today, we will take it back to Australia on Wednesday and repair it there. We are going back for a fortnight.

We will stay at MILNA Marina which is very cheap and fit LITHIUM batteries, solar, windgen and assoc controllers. I also want to put a cone or standpipe under where the chain peels from the winch into the locker so the anchor can be retrieved quicker, it's a pain in the arse having to keep knocking the stack down..

We have ordered a Code Zero and Twin running headsails that both fit the existing headfoil and will allow 'TRADEWIND SAILING'. They furl together and are 6.5oz to give lift... Tasker is doing them.

Happy with the boat just need more flexibility to just having 2 sails gets boring!

Are you parking up in SPAIN somewhere? I don't do cold real well thank god for the ERSHEPER HEATERS on board...

Cheers Frank
Old 23-09-2012, 23:00   #23
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Cool Frank,

Yes I had the same deal with French to Australian paperwork, but it wasn't too much of a pain (Jen is French so she translated it in a word doc and that was ok for Aus registration.

We love the solar we fitted, 3/185w 24v victron panels with morningstar 60a MPPT controller gives us 30A in when the sun is shining, windgen..I dunno if ID bother again, it hasnt performed so well. Its an airbreeze with silent blades but it doesn't but much in on a regular basis. Now its just putting in 5A.

The chain locker..We have 75m of chain but rarely use more than 30 so I dragged 40m into the space next to the locker. Mine is divided by a small piece of ply, not sure if yours is the same setup, but now we dont have to knock down the stack (don't even open the hatch usually except to get the anchor ball out). If we need more then 40m it still feeds fine from the new location.

Im thinking of getting a parasailor for the trip across the Atlantic. Most owners say they love them for trade wind sailing, but thats a while off yet for us. We will enjoy the Med for a while longer next year and see where we end up. The twin headsail sounds interesting and would be safe and flexible as well I guess. Would you just fly those with no main and they furl together to reduce area? What kind of price are they?

Yep, Ill look for somewhere in Spain to haul our Sephina for a few months till the weather improves..hopefully it won't be too long.

We have some of our travels here, but needs updating...

Sephina
Old 23-09-2012, 23:46   #24

OK a lot of our anchoring is in 15 to 20 metres so need a fair whack to be available, our locker is one space.

Sails are 72sq metre each and $2200 each plus delivery. Looked at Para's undecided there.

We will run headsails without main keeping topping lift and mainsheet tight.Tacking one into the other gives us 50% reef straight up then furl in from there...

ARC 2014 will be our exit from the MED, Are you going 2013 or hanging around? We will winter MALTA next year.....

Cheers
Old 03-10-2012, 19:30   #25

Boat: 2006 Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
There's quite an amount of ultra-lights over here, PM me what boat you are looking at as i may have viewed it prior to buying ours here.
We will be wintering in MILNA doing loads of work on our boat, MILNA is a $3 boat ride to SPLIT which is one of CROATIA's main cities.

We have an 8ft RIB with 20hp 4 Stroke Honda on back along with a BIONIX Passerole that itself weighs 220kg and our scoops at rest are above the water by 50mm.

Also depends which genset is installed, i have a 6KvA Paguro it's a lightweight compared to the 12KvA Onans some have fitted....

Cheers and welcome to the Forum.
I'm going to look at a L440 called Symphony as well as others. Arrive Turkey 01 Nov. Will spend about 3 days there and then on to Split / Sukosan. Leave for Aus via istanbul 11 Nov. I plan to take the wing off and (if possible) slide it in to a 275mmD poly pipe with caps both ends. I'll need to work that one out. Currently looking at a set of inflatable flaots ferom a well known US supplier. The Trike is a brand new Airborne XT 582 Outback with Tundra wheels and the slowest posssible wing, the Merlin. I pick it up here in Aus 27th Oct.
coldar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 19:34   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
I know Symphony i was putting her as our first choice till we bought MAJUEN now DOMINOS.
SYMPHONY is in MANDALINA Marina near SIBENIK, tis loaded for sure, the hours are up on machinery she looks good in the water. Is Peter Shmidt the broker?

Peter is a good bloke he may intro you to TINO PROSIVEK who is an interpreter, TINO is a gentleman.

Good luck. Frank
Yes, Peter is the broker and I have heard nothing but good reports. He found another L440 for a fellow Aussie who is now permanent live-abord in the Med. Peter has Symphony and 3 others to look at. Happy to hear about any others that are loaded with goodies and are 3 cab versions
Old 22-12-2012, 23:49   #27

Hi all.
Symphony has been purchased and will be renamed "Finally my Darling" as soon as the AMSA Registration process is complete. We've also purchased a new Airborne Outback Trike weight shift aircraft and wing. Total aircraft weight (no fuel) rigged on its floats is 218kg and the wing - which I plan to carry in a water-proof valise down one side of the walkway on the starboard upper deck closest to the rails, weighs 49kg. Trike will likely be raised / lowered via a boom extension - "keep it simple, stupid" and live atop a custom made davit cradle that will raise / lower and support the dinghy below, and stow the trike on floats above. Nothing firm yet in terms of design 'till the trike gets to Split in a container around the end of March 2013. Thanks to Frank "Laqoons4us" in the search, transporting me from Split to the boat, and inspection and technical guidance resulting in a happy seller and buyer!
Old 23-12-2012, 03:46   #28
Armchair Bucketeer

Looking forward to some pics - stored onboard and from above!
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 05:33   #29

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Coldar1,
What is the purpose of bringing the trike? Will you use it personally or do you plan to supplement income while cruising? Good Luck mate!
Old 23-12-2012, 05:41   #30

Boat: Still doing research...

Congratulations!!! Exciting times ahead.

Tags
lagoon