Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 03:25   #1

Boat: currently boatless
CF members meet first time

Hello all,
bit of a a strange post but one I feel needs posting, especially for us die hard Lagoon owners. Its been almost two years since Sue and I bought our very much beloved Lagoon 410 "Sunshine" here in Australia. At the time I struck up a conversation through this forum with a fellow Lagoon owner. Over the net we struck up a internet friendship which spanned over two years and traded lots of information and support between us.
Well after two years and a stroke of luck, a Lagoon 38 pulled into the slip next to us at Urangan on the east coast of Australia and approximately half way between where both of us live. The wife noted the livery of the boat and commented that it was an ex Sunsail charter boat. I commented on this to the first mate on the boat and she stated that it was indeed an ex charter boat. I queried where they were from and low and behold they were from a fellow cruiser forums home town.
I questioned a bemused Lagoon 38 skipper at length and low and behold it turns out that our neighbour was the one in the same Cruisers Forum person who befriended me and assisted me when we first purchased Sunshine. What a treat to finally be able to put a face to a name and meet his ever so capable first mate. Its a small world. A thousand nautical miles apart and we meet almost directly in the middle. I can assure all and sundry jovial evening followed.
It was topped off by the company at sundowners by a of fellow Lagoon 410 owners (sailing in company with L38 skipped ) and a ring-in Schionning owner. Thanks CF for allowing fellow cat owners, not only to meet each other on the net but in person.

Greg and Sue
Sunshine
Lagoon 420S2
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags