Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2016, 12:08   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440 OV
De-tabbed bulkheads

Hello all,

Need some help, we have 2008 L440

One of the furniture bulkheads has totally de-tabbed. I think it has been happening a little bit for a while, then after an up wind slog the other day we got a serious creaking and cracking noise at anchor.

I have located the area but am wondering about how best to approach the fix. It looks like the original Lagoon fit was with an epoxy glue, but would like to belt an braces so thinking of getting out as much of the epoxy as possible and then glassing it in.

Whilst at it I am going to check all of the other bulkheads. Does anyone have any idea of which are the main structural bulkheads to check and how to go about getting at them??

Thanks in advance
Old 27-08-2016, 02:28   #2
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: De-tabbed bulkheads

HI Two drifters ! I can't help you there but I am very interested in what comes out of your research in that area. Remember this thread where "Rondo" said he epoxy/glassed a lot of bulkheads in his L440 ?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...er-164551.html

I did the same in the cockpit locker when installing the batteries there back in may. I can't say it fixed anything as my L440 still makes a lot of cracking noise in big seas but I was also thinking about reinforcing other bulkheads to minimize the noise. Not sure the two problems are related but you really got me thinking...
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 03:04   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440 OV
Re: De-tabbed bulkheads

So the plan is to get as much of the broken plexus. Green goo. Out and then glass over with biaxial and epoxy. Some areas will be impossible to get to so will see if this sorts the problem.

Have checked all the glasses structural bulkheads and they are fine.

Digging on the web shows that this green plexus stuff is rubbish. It is a cost and time saver by lagoon that has failed on many boats.

Tags
bed, head