Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2022, 08:30   #1

Katamaran Nord

Hi all,

We're planning on purchasing a Lagoon in Europe in a couple years and in the process of researching dealers. Does anyone have any experience with or information on Lagoon Katamaran Nord in Germany? I can't find much information on them online.

Thanks!
Erika
MedGoonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 16:02   #2

Re: Katamaran Nord

DISCLAIMER: I don't have 1st hand experience but all hearsay and bar talk - service and support for guarantee work were lacking and their prices are usually higher. Most dealers give around 9% discount TL/DR this is not one of the top dealers in Germany/Europe from what I have heard.

Hope that helps.
fly2kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 08:24   #3

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Heard a lot good things about cat4sale, friends bought their Neel through them and other their Aventura.
Would advise to rethink about Lagoon, the private equity cost cutting just went to far and crucial issues pile up.
400 bulkheads rot between bows because the forgot drainage, repair process is a patch up like a plaster of the scratch plus doesn't fix the additional damage already happen. Balsa core so if humidity is in, its in.... First no recall and then Recall because they where forced by court to do so.
450 main bulkhead collapsing, no recall so only if you request yourself and fixing procedures is a joke not curing the problem. Small deign change on new 450 but thats again a patch, fix as cheap as possible and need to hold the warranty time...
now 180 complete riggs must be change due to a court decision on another model but Lagoon refuses to publish and recall these cats. Cannot say which model but my surveyor was the appointed court surveyor in this case. And he discovered other major construction errors that where not part of the court case but he pointed them out and already the first cases came up on this...More to come here as these are part of the overall Lagoon construction process thats part of nearly all models.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 08:53   #4

Cant you use some dealers? Might make the process a bit easier...
hkapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 23:26   #5

Good people, I have purchcased three boats in the last seven years there.

Of course, the Lagoon aftersales service is crap as it always has been, but this is not the fault of the dealer in Germany.

I always got a huge discount on the final price, but these days where waiting times are two to three years there is no need for any dealer to grant you any discount.

The huge problem at the moment are Lagoon's price hikes which you have to pay while you are waiting for your boat.

They cannot be excluded in the contract, so if you wait for three years for a boat it can happen that the final price is 70% higher than the one mentioned in your contract.

Lagoon has had two price hikes last year. The first one was 6%, the second one 20%. And another one will come in August.

This is a real issue as you cannot calculate the final price when you sign a contract. Three years ago there was a cap of 5% for price increases, but this has been canceled due to the inflation and the high demand for boats.

The dealers (especially Michael) are great and they are very helpfull and nice people.
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:30   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
Good people, I have purchcased three boats in the last seven years there.

Of course, the Lagoon aftersales service is crap as it always has been, but this is not the fault of the dealer in Germany.

I always got a huge discount on the final price, but these days where waiting times are two to three years there is no need for any dealer to grant you any discount.

The huge problem at the moment are Lagoon's price hikes which you have to pay while you are waiting for your boat.

They cannot be excluded in the contract, so if you wait for three years for a boat it can happen that the final price is 70% higher than the one mentioned in your contract.

Lagoon has had two price hikes last year. The first one was 6%, the second one 20%. And another one will come in August.

This is a real issue as you cannot calculate the final price when you sign a contract. Three years ago there was a cap of 5% for price increases, but this has been canceled due to the inflation and the high demand for boats.

The dealers (especially Michael) are great and they are very helpfull and nice people.

Sorry absolute noGo
How desperate must you be to sign a contract where even the final price is not fixed and everything is open and you are under their will…its private equity owned and they will make your pockets empty as much as they can….squeeze the lemon…
And then dealing with crappy Aftersales and warranty
Then add to that the bulkhead desasters of the 400 and 450…more to come here

When you sign a contract that’s the final price and if you have to wait 3 years it’s their fault they cannot deliver earlier
Old 08-05-2022, 03:55   #7

You cannot blame the dealers for the price hikes. It is Lagoon's policy.

The question here was if anyone has made good or bad experience with Katamaran Nord. And mine have been very good.

If you want to blame someone for the poor aftersales.service or the price hikes it is Lagoon not the dealers who sell their boats.

I do not know how things work in the US, but in Europe every company is allowed to increase their prices during the delivery time. Regardless if it is a kitchen, a car or a yacht you are waiting for.

Regarding the Lagoon 450 - this is my third boat I own and I love it. Bulkheads have been reinforced. All good, never had big issues with the boats.

But I would never buy one of the newer Lagoon models (46,50,52 or 42). Very poor design and to expensive for what you get. Lagoon was great in the past,but their new boats are simply not worth the money.
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
You cannot blame the dealers for the price hikes. It is Lagoon's policy.

The question here was if anyone has made good or bad experience with Katamaran Nord. And mine have been very good.

If you want to blame someone for the poor aftersales.service or the price hikes it is Lagoon not the dealers who sell their boats.

I do not know how things work in the US, but in Europe every company is allowed to increase their prices during the delivery time. Regardless if it is a kitchen, a car or a yacht you are waiting for.

Regarding the Lagoon 450 - this is my third boat I own and I love it. Bulkheads have been reinforced. All good, never had big issues with the boats.

But I would never buy one of the newer Lagoon models (46,50,52 or 42). Very poor design and to expensive for what you get. Lagoon was great in the past,but their new boats are simply not worth the money.
It’s the dealer that has a budget for warranty and Aftersales with Lagoon (same for Neel), so if it’s poor it’s the dealer who wants to keep the money and not spend it on you…
Dealer and Lagoon is the distribution you as customer deal with when buying their product, if the input=Lagoon sucks the output=dealer cannot make gold out of ****…
You can blame all on Lagoon policy, for me a lame excuse and who signs a contract with the final price liable to unlimited price raise during a 2-3 years delivery time that is not fixed either is desperate or dumm. No personal offense here, my personal opinion. Then buy used, better anyhow in most cases with boats.

Well that’s definitely not valid on cars and house. We got our house build for the price that was in the contract, fixed with punishment when not delivered on time and or quality, a kitchen was part of it.
You get the car for the price you ordered that is in the contract you signed, valid all over Europe. If not the the dealer tricked you…
I know because I was MD of the NPO that does the Distribution Systems for all manufacturers, they don‘t do and cannot do that themselves anymore. And it’s also this NPO that consults the EU government on the block exemption laws means the laws under which cars are sold within Europe.