Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2011, 10:21   #31

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Lagoon 380 Owners and Fans

First, the factory dident have "time" to take us around when we where there.
And i did not get photos from thew crew ho did the transport.
----
So we just left Les Sables d-olonnes and sailed north.
it is a nice costline, and frendly people.

They did leave some bad markes on the windows, from "tape" that has to been there from factory. but the Lagoon guy did not know how to get it off ?
All he told us was do not use Aceton or Alkehol. Big help.

And when the sunligth is rigth, you can se a "spiderwebb" mark ,in every window, must be from the "suctioncup" holding the window when is was put in place.
A leaking seal in one toilett,
besides from that she is doing well. got to tack upwind for 2 days, and did get 10 knots upwind, in 1-3 meter waves. did push a bit hard, it was fun.
Hull # 639 (French)left befor me- heading south to the med.,
so they must be close to hull 650 now.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 08:29   #32

Boat: None

Hi all

I'm picking up my Lagoon 380 premium next week. Decided for a 380 as:
- 440 too big - and too old (I want a very young boat to minimize maintenance)
- 420 is "not right" (sorry .. I had and lived on two boats - an old 1984 Catalac 9m then a new Bavaria 37 ... sailed everything that moves for some 30 years) feels wrong, very thin, sails badly
- 400 - lots of child's diseases, creaks like mad when sailing, not much different to 380
- 380 - yes, old design but proven. Very stiff, no torsion whatsoever, everyone wants them, I could not for love or money find a good one of only a few years old ... so bought new

Next week fitting a vanload full of extras (on top of factory fitted extras) like solar panels, inverter, etc etc then off to the Med - aiming for Cannes where she will be for the boatshow.

Never saw it during build but I have meanwhile found why Lagoon have their aweful name ("once the cheque has cleared, they don't want to know anymore"). They first agree things clearly and in detail in writing then a month later they won't stick to it ... unprofessional. Thanks for tip on crazed windows etc - actually bringing a surveyor to do a "new boat" survey. I am a meticulous everything has to be perfect guy ....

It has a hard bimini - not only for sun but also for rain. Looots of options - and my own engineer fitted options on top. Looking forward.
brainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 12:14   #33
cruiser

Ho lala

le lagoon n'est pas beau , il resemble a une boite a chausssure sur floteurs tu aurais mieux fait de choisir un Fountaine Pajot , le Lipari est superbe et de plus il navigue beaucoup mieux que ton Lagoon. Enfin comme on dit " a chacun sa misere"
Le Doume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 17:46   #34

Boat: Lagoon 380, 38', I Dream of Jeanne

Brainmaker,

You'll love your boat!! I've had mine for 6 years and if I lost it, I'ld buy the same boat again. It's one of a couple of large cats that will fit under the bridges on the east coast of the USA (65' bridge height).
timbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 10:14   #35

Dear all - had my dear new 380 now for a month, it is fantastic. Covered 1,500 nm with nice average speeds. Took two weeks at Les Sables to fit a number of useful extras on top of the already full options (even more solar, deck wash pump, AIS B, HD BB radar instead of the rubbish raymarine stuff, wifi, new calorifier that makes this possibly the only Lagoon with a bigger, and THREE coil calorifier - which takes the custom eberspaecher heater installation (no engine noise for hot water in anchorages, etc etc :-) Very nice boat, very seaworthy in many ways, I have to say having had a few boats in my life I've lived on: Lagoon have really got a well designed, thought through, excellent boat here. No wonder 700 built, no wonder it is not discontinued, every story I have dug out from the internet in research is true. The few things I found on the net that did not work well (anchor winch plate corroding etc) have been addressed meanwhile. I am a fussy precise guy and there is little to complain about ! And finally, I am jumping in the warm, clear blue water checking my anchor !!
Old 28-07-2011, 10:15   #36

PS I nearly forgot - one important thing I learnt about the 380 only recently/after buying: it is the ONLY Lagoon to fit in a standard 70 tonne travel hoist crane which most marinas around the Med have ... Handy (400 cannot fit ..).
Old 28-07-2011, 17:11   #37

brain maker,

Congratulations on your new Lagoon 380, you won't regret it! I LOVE the boat. Hope to see you on the water some day. Did you get the "Owner's Version"? If you ever have any maintenance or mechanical questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you haven't already, check out and hopefully join: "lagooncatowners@yahoogroups.com" and a new site that we Lagoon Owners "OWN" and are still developing "www.lagooncatamarans.org"

tim benner
Lagoon 380 #122, I Dream of Jeanne
Currently docked on the St. Johns River in Jacksonville, Florida
Old 29-07-2011, 11:15   #38

Thanks Tim. Yes owners version, lots of space to enjoy it in comfort. Great website, really professional look, and good to have some power towards the Lagoon factory ! Will join that and email some lagoon friends it too. Likewise if I can help anyone feel free to message me. Lagoon 380 #646. PS I delivered an Ovni 435 to Florida - - nice place !
Old 29-07-2011, 14:03   #39

We got our # 637 in may 12, and now you got #646, so they are still doing good with this old solid hull.
Happy sailing.

Lagoon380 Careka
Old 30-07-2011, 15:45   #40

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Old 31-07-2011, 03:42   #41

Nice, BrainM
can you adjust the solars ? or are they fixs in this pos. ?
Keep comming with more films.
i will bring my cam also and try to take some film,
i am off to Kiel tomorrow and will start my last leg home to Norway.

Careka
Lagoon380 Careka
Old 31-07-2011, 04:38   #42

I can adjust the panels, yes to make them more horizontal. This setting works well for a) blocking sun b) getting to dinghy so I haven't changed it yet. Sure yes get the camera going - pictures say more than words ! Have a good trip !
Old 11-08-2011, 14:19   #43

BrainM i need your help.
My boat had the main sail repaired when it was in Kiel.
i need a picyures of how the line is going on the top of the main.
The factory in France is on holliday in August.
The guys fikxsing the main did not put it back corect.
Can you do that for me ?
And messure the length of the line from where is goes in on top ring, and down to second "spile".

Careka.
Old 11-08-2011, 15:47   #44

Brainmaker,
I just watched your video of the commissioning of your new 380 and cringed every time I heard a drill grinding that brand new fiberglass. Your video reminded me why I'll never buy another boat, because I don't ever want to go through adding all of that stuff again. It's hard to comprehend how much work it is, until you do it. Not to speak of all of the hidden costs that pop up.

Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor on your new 380 for many years to come. I've been entertaining selling my 380 and moving up to a bigger boat, but after watching all of that work you went through and remembering doing the same, I think I'll keep it. How soon we forget.

Tim Benner, 380 #122, I Dream of Jeanne
Old 12-08-2011, 15:04   #45

Tim B - you are very right ... lots of work and cost indeed. And stupid things like they dont tell you but give you wet batteries instead of gel ... so will have to change them etc etc.

Careka - it's dark now and tomorrow crossing W Med for 48 hour passage starting early and will not have internet then - but let me describe it in words as quite simple: I was recently up there taking some pictures from above as beautiful clear balearic waters around her etc. The black halyard starts at the top of the mast with a shackle, comes down to boom, goes through the block, goes up all the way to top of mast, feeds in there, then comes out at bottom and is led to winch at helmstation. What you can also do if you cannot reach lagoon is - call Sailing Atlantique Services in Les Sables d'Olonne who rig these boats ... or your dealer who I met down there as well ... Goodluck

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 380