Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2011, 06:29   #421

Boat: Lagoon 42 TPI - Lucey Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafe View Post
We are using a Facnor endless furler. The furler is of very good quality.
Our sail is not perfectly to furl as the the cut is not very straight. The top part is not completly furling in. I believe a mistake by the sailmaker, as on my former boat I had a furling genaker from Elvstroem which furled very well in deed.
The tension of the luff for furling needs to be quiet tight.
Good angels for the sail are the classical one, from around 60 degree to 110 degree apparent.
It adds a lot of power to the boat.
HanaFe
Thanks HanaFe. Do you have the Facnor FX1500 or FX2500?
Old 18-02-2011, 08:29   #422

Boat: Hunter 50 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yme_bosma View Post
Larry, you have no electric winches, or just one (coming with the Cruising package)?

Why did you decide to go for a local screacher instead of the sail Lagoon provides?
it came with the one winch in the cruising package.

The screacher we bought is made of a lighter but more durable cloth than the one offered by Lagoon.
Lucky Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:12   #423

Boat: Lagoon 400, HanaFe
Re: Lagoon 400

FX 2500

rgds
HanaFe
hanafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 15:17   #424

Boat: Lagoon 400

good morning! Just introducing ourselves, a family of four (including 2 x children age 5 and nearly 3). We have just taken delivery of hull #107 Lagoon 400 and heading home to North Queensland from NSW, left Port Stephens this morning. Very happy with our new home, and look forward to chatting with you all. We have been lurking for a bit now and finally joined the forum!
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 16:49   #425

Boat: FP Elba 45

Welcome aboard Katsumi! I'd be interested in some interior photo's, mine is hull number 93, your model I think had some leather coverings on the interior handles going down the steps in to the hulls, just curios how they looked, I have the normal timber finish. Good luck with your trip.
Regards Peter
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 17:23   #426

Hi Peter, yes we have the leather hand rails and the updated timber finish etc, she is a beautiful vessel. Hubby has also installed for me a 7kg domestic washer, fans and a couple TV's for the kids.. A/c will follow when we return to our home base, up north. Sold the house to achieve the dream, never been happier.

I have photos of the leather on the handrails, hopefully attached correctly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hand rail 2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24080   Click image for larger version

Name:	handrail 1.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24081  

Name:	washing machine.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	24082  
Old 22-02-2011, 19:21   #427

Boat: Still doing research...

Welcome Katsumi

I grew up in Port Stephens. And when I finally get my yacht, I'll base it there (as opposed to Sydney).

Have fun sailing up North.
Old 22-02-2011, 20:01   #428

Hello Katsumi, those handles look very smart, I meant to ask you please send photo’s of the saloon so I can compare to my 400, for your interest I have attached some photo’s of mine for comparison, I think Lagoon did some upgrades in the 2011 model year I did have some of those but not the leather, gosh I just hate that. I also have the washing machine, haven’t used it yet maybe I should test it. I hope to head up north sometime down the track the air con will be nice to have in the tropics, but I am a softy. Regards Peter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Timber top.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24083   Click image for larger version

Name:	timber sides.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	24084  

Name:	Draws.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Washing machine.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	24086  

Old 22-02-2011, 22:26   #429

Hi Peterp

I believe you get the leather on the hand rails (and other stuff) if you have the comfort pack/option.

Though Lagoon seems to change their specs without warning from month to month, so I could be totally wrong.
Old 23-02-2011, 01:44   #430

G'Day Hammer, not sure on that but you could be correct. There maybe others on our thread with the later model L400's that may be able to clarify, clearly if one is lacking on leather here and there it sure will effect the sailing exepirence.........
Regards Peter
Old 23-02-2011, 04:59   #431

Boat: Lagoon 400 #181

We ordered our Lagoon 400 this morning, to be delivered end of June! Can't wait.
yme_bosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 12:41   #432

Congratulations. What hull number is your going to be?
Old 23-02-2011, 12:49   #433

Boat: Lagoon 400 #181

My dealer thought it would be around 150, will know exactly next week. It should be the last one to be build to the 2011 specifications. Although he said there would only be very small changes for the 2012 model, including a slight (3-4%) price increase...
yme_bosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 13:43   #434

Hi again Peter, we have the wood like you in the saloon, the washer you have came with the boat I believe? We just bought ours from the Good Guys, found one short enough to fit and bigger capacity, I too am a softy!

I will have to check with the 'boss' but I believe the leather is an improvement, not part of the cruiser package, just an upgrade for newer models, that's what I heard the broker say anyway, will let you know otherwise.

We had a late arrival in Trial Bay this morning or should I say early, pushing against the current we ended up here at 430am, kids awake at 630, so here I am doing multiple breakfasts. Can't wait till the boss wakes to move us to Coffs, so I can take his place in our bunk.

Oh, does your helm have leather as well? Also the dining table in the saloon is wood, yours looks like our outdoor one, in fibreglass? Or is it just the photo? Our nav station has the drawers on the outside as well, much better than inside don't you agree? Boat came with the wooden coffee table outside in error, quickly replaced for this family of four with the bigger version We also have two over head cabinets in the galley and a cabinet without a door. I'm too short to reach them, got to get better tupperware when we get home.

will take photos later today
cheers.
Old 23-02-2011, 14:01   #435

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garold
Impi

If you discover the magic strategy then please post it.

Unless of course, hanafe is right and he got there before you.

And Paul, I sympethise about work spoiling good boating days. I have three months of 6-7 day weeks at the moment so my only taste of boating are forums. Just don't get into those RTW threads, they make me feel a bit inadequate reading how others have managed to disconnect from the rat race entirely.

Cheers

Garold
Smelly heads - it's taken a long time but finally I got to the bottom of things. Garold, you asked me to post it if I found a solution.
Sadly, I have to say part of the answer lay on this post - introduce a sweet water line into the salt water line with a shut off valve. Use salt water if you need to but switch to sweet water for a good clean and healthy smelling head. Secondly, on the particular head that has been causing all the problems, we discovered lagoon had installed the flush intake of the head right behind the exhaust outlet = whilst flushing all the crap out if the boat, simply suck it right back up through the intake!
I know this has taken a long time to figure out but thought everyone following the discussion at the time would find this interesting. On the guest side (port) of our lagoon the intake for flushing the head sits in between the outlets of both toilets. Out agent is taking this up with lagoon.
Thanks to our new watermaker - we can use sweetwater in the system in the meantime.
impi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400