Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2011, 05:19   #496

Boat: Lagoon 400 #181
Snagging lists

Hi all,

We are taking delivery of our 400 next Tuesday (hull number 181) in Les Sables and I have been collecting various issues (listed below in random order) as reported by (new) owners on several websites. I was wondering if any of you would like to add items from their own respective snagging lists so we can check them as soon as possible, before we sail the Lagoon to Holland...

Thanks in advance!

Yme

• Sliding door not working correctly
  • Breakers for windlass and winches too small
  • Low speed switch on the electric winch not working
  • Air valve in seawater cooling system failing
  • Improper sealing of critical areas which causes water to leak in windlass
  • Drill holes in lower mast base for drainage of water coming into the mast
  • Chafing cables underneath cabin floors
  • Chafing lines at mast top
  • Extreme compass deviation because of steering wheel chain or electric winch
  • Fuel line chafing through
  • Plywood in any part of the boat not finished and sealed
  • Bolt that secured the gooseneck backed off, boom fell of the mast
  • Port prop fell off
  • No flowcoating of gel coat on many places
  • Water collecting at the side of the cabinet below the light swithes at the entrance to the boat, presumably coming from the drain in the fridge or from condensation on the compressor.
  • Grinding noises in electric-winches
  • Broken fuel suction tube in the diesel tank
  • Bizarre behavior of the fluxgate
  • Saloon window front starboard side is making an awfull quiecking noise when rolling sideways
  • Leaking elbow joint seal, part of the water cooling system
  • Transmission oil dipstick incorrectly calibrated and would allow too much oil in the transmission
  • Bad cosmetic finishing on the hull esp. the soft joins between the hull and coachroof, the deck and cabin sides etc
  • Electrical winches don't stop turning when the foot switch was released, because of moisture in the foot switches
  • Strange grinding noise in engine control handles (Ultraflex B104)
  • Reefing lines are chafed at the opening of boom (near the mast)
  • Lines (reefing, halyards, sheets, etc) in the wrong place compared to manual
  • Fresh water comes out very foamy/bubbly for the first minute or so
  • Floating shower drain cover
yme_bosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 06:30   #497

Boat: Lagoon 410 ELECTRIC!
Re: Snagging lists

Hey if anyone can find out (new delivery can ask more questions) who makes the slider hardware it would help out some of us old timers.

Thanks,
Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon410
Hyprdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 02:19   #498

Boat: Lagoon 500
Re: Lagoon 400

morning 'neighbour'

Although your list is long and fierce I hope you guys will enjoy the 'taking delivery day' ... to us it was a very special moment, you never forget the first steps on your new boat...

mooie trip gewenst, dat jullie het zonnetje en de zuidwester maar in de rug mogen hebben....
Old 21-07-2011, 02:24   #499

Thanks Patrick, we are definitely looking forward to it!

We won't be neighbours however, we traded our Trintella for our own (catamaran) berth in Havenresort Heeg... But will see you on the water some day!
Old 21-07-2011, 02:33   #500

Boat: Lagoon 500

nice choice, w'll make sure we have a 'free hull' for you to berth your new cat alongside whenever we are at anchor on the lake :-)
Is it gonna be named "drift away II"?
Old 21-07-2011, 02:51   #501

Deal;-)

No, will be just Drift Away again. Don't want to change the URL...
Old 22-07-2011, 19:48   #502

Boat: FP Elba 45

RE SYDNEY BOAT SHOW NEXT WEEKEND
Hello D&D and Gerard, I will fly in on Saturday morning for the show interested in all the stuff, will be there Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, maybe we could all catch up for a coffee or something and compare stories. I'm staying over on Tuesday hopefully to go for a test sail on the new Lagoon 45, quite happy with my 400, just never seen or sailed a 45.
If you like to nominate a day and time we could meet at Vicsail, just a thought. Regards Peter
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 06:32   #503

Boat: Fountains Pajot Mahe 36 Evolution

Peter, I'll be at the boat show on Friday 29th. As the following Monday is a Bank holiday, our plan so far (weather permitting) is to sail Pittwater that long weekend. If there is a change of plan I will call you, I have your mobile number. Mine is 0419 144 553. Cheers, Gerard
Casaroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 18:39   #504

Thanks Gerard, no problems, give us a call if things change, have a lovely weekend. Regards Peter
Old 23-07-2011, 19:53   #505

Hello Yme, I think you have touched on every snag that has been mentioned, in all honesty prior to taking delivery of my L400 last October hull 93, I like you thought I need to be aware of all those problems, others have mentioned that is the down side of buying a reasonably priced production cat like Lagoon, not so, I have just read a article in the June 2011 issue of Cruising world magazine about a couple, no experience that brought a brand new Catana 50, reading a paragraph on page 58 from their story she states quote, (confronted with so many repairs from the get go, the image that kept coming into my head was that of Sisyphus the Greek mythological figure condemned to roll a big boulder up a hill every day only to watch it roll down every night, Surely we thought our incessant boat problems must be a anomaly, we must be the victims of terrible luck, however as we began meeting other long distance cruisers, we discovered that our experiences were actually par for the course with a new boat). End of quote, so a ‘Catana 50’ I believe that to be a upmarket expensive catamaran, after having gained some experience with my L400 I can advice that the props have not fallen off, the boom is still in place, and the both hulls are still stuck together, the only problems I have found, was some water on the floor from the fridge when we let the battery’s run down in error, I am yet to solve that one, but of course I now have learned a thing or three and don’t let the batteries run down, the other problems were minor and related to the Raymarine installation and have been resolved by the local Raymarine dealer. So Yme I wouldn’t worry too much you will have plenty of time to identify any problems and have them resolved under warranty, as always just my thoughts. Good luck with your L400 I found the handover a very exciting and enjoyable experience albeit flavoured with some stress, particularly in the commissioning stage, but that’s another story.
Regards Peter
Old 24-07-2011, 15:50   #506
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casaroche View Post
Peter, I'll be at the boat show on Friday 29th.
What he said...with a "we" in place of the 'I'! I'll private message each of you with my mobile number. We're still pretty caught up in fitting all sorts of 'wow factor' -- Peter will understand! -- extras onto CatNirvana so on-the-water plans are still revolving around the various contractors involved. We just enjoyed a pleasant but cold (rather unpleasantly so on Saturday, with showers and beating into 25Kn westerlies to Farm Cove, one of our favourite City anchorages, but Sunday was beautiful. Last weekend on Farm Cove there was some big private function tent set up on Lady Macquarie foreshore...and then, just into dark, a barge pulled up ~50M from us and set off ~20mins of fireworks...quite a show!!
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 08:51   #507

Thanks Peter for you comments. Everything is going well so far, for those who'd like to see photos and videos of a shiny new Lagoon 400: Drift Away.
Old 25-07-2011, 15:55   #508
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by yme_bosma View Post
photos and videos of a shiny new Lagoon 400: Drift Away.
Drift Away looks very nice yme_bosma...'Congratulations!'
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 16:09   #509

Boat: Lagoon 400, HanaFe

Congratulation!! Always have good trips.

HanaFe
hanafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:05   #510

Boat: Lagoon 400

I own hull #121, named Bat-Yam. I have sailed starting beginning of May to Levkas in Greece, around 2,700 miles from Les Sables d'Olonne.
I have experienced the following problems than can be attributed to Lagoon directly (apart of issues caused by commissioning):
1. two shower drain pumps failed within the same week (Whale Gulper 220). Met two Lagoon owner enroute with similar problem. Dealer replaced
both without argument.
2. one of the floorboards in port bow cabin lost it flat shape and sticks out.
3. The strip that runs around the sink in the galley came unglued.
4. The rubber strip that runs around the opening in the fixed bimini (the opening above the helm area) came unglued.
5. Raymarine radar (D2142) works intermittently. This may be a commissioning issue. Raymarine replaced antenna, PCB, LAN connector & software and are about to replace antenna cable which will complete an antirely new sytem.
6. One of the 3 A/C did not work. When powering unit, it would go to fan mode after few minutes. Problem solved by bleeding the cooling water pump.

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400