Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 19:39   #526

Boat: FP Elba 45
Re: Lagoon 400 Battery monitor

Hello Meirriba, I have had a similar experience, just last weekend I checked out my L400 mooring lines etc as I had not been on board for a few weeks, in that time shore power had been connected, upon entering the cabin the monitor's warning was sounding and the monitor was just flashing on and off with no voltage display, I simply pressed the centre button and it came up with a reset message I pressed the centre button again, which resulted in normal display, correct voltage value and no alarm sound. Electrics is not my strong point but I thought maybe the marina power went off line sometime, but I don't know. I have attached a picture of my panel to compare with yours, I think they are all the same on the L400's I have seen. Regards Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	32472  
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 20:00   #527

Re: Lagoon 400 Sail Bags

Hello Gerard, I have been offsite for a while, sorry to be slow to reply, I just brought the bags from the local chandlery, not much help I know. Hope 'Hot Chili' is performing well. Looking foreward to some warmer weather and some enjoyable sailing weekends this summer, sick of the cold wet winter down here in Melbourne. Regards Peter
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18   #528

Re: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Joll View Post
Met an interesting French delivery skipper taking a L400 from France to the Caribbean. Sailing in very heavy weather. For those interested here is his blog. Martinique - Marseille - Blog de voyage - Uniterre.com
It was the basic model.
JJ
I don't read French either and I realize this is an old post, but wonder if he is the same Captain that ran our brand new L400 aground in St. Maarten on its way from France to Florida during the delivery?
Life Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:30   #529

Re: New Lagoon 400

Garold - enjoyed your post as we have hull #68! But we didn't get it until April of 2010, can you tell me when you signed your contract?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37   #530

Boat: Lagoon 400

Hi Peter
The electrical panel on my boat is the same you have.
The notice of low voltage came on several times during the time I have the boat - it is six month now. At all occurences exept one, it was clear that the actual voltage was OK. I cannot find a common cause to the notices. I have passed the complaint to my agentq/vendor but he seems not to have a clue as to what happened.
One alarm was true - someone tried to use an electric kettle on the inverter, the 1,500 watts of the kettle were too much for the system.
Mark
Old 17-10-2011, 05:01   #531

Hello Mark, I can confirm that like you after resetting the meter all my systems work fine, which makes me think something makes the voltage system require a reset. My dealer is also unsure about this issue, however seemed to think if it resets that is OK.
I have found my factory fitted invertor runs the micro wave OK however it takes about 6 minutes to heat a cup of milk to my preference to make a cup of coffee.
Regards Peter
Old 29-10-2011, 13:14   #532

DO OVER in new hands!

We just finalized the purchase of DO OVER from Lucky Larry last week. I think Larry is movin' on up. We got a short weekend of sailing over Labor Day down in the Spanish Virgin Islands and loved the boat. I was amazed by the light air performance. The gennaker had to come down because I didn't want to go back to the marina so early! She will stay in charter with Sail Caribe in Puerto Rico for a couple more years, so I'll have to wait until April for another run. Thanks to all of you on this forum for great, unvarnished information about the 400 that helped solidify my decision about the boat.

Sincerely,
Dan
dgabier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51   #533

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38
Re: New Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Aquatic View Post
Garold - enjoyed your post as we have hull #68! But we didn't get it until April of 2010, can you tell me when you signed your contract?

We signed the order for our boat from our dealer in mid December 2009 but I believe that it was a dealer pre ordered boat so may have been ordered earlier.

The boat came to the UK in about the last week of April 2010, and we had handover from the dealer about 1 month later.

We then had the boat out of the water for fitting out heating, genny, electronics etc. for just over a month.

We managed some summer sailing last summer but it wasn't great in the UK so it was a bit limited.

In 2011 we managed about 6 weeks (Easter & Summer hols) on board and maybe 25 weekends so far. We will make use of our boat throughout the winter with maybe January out of the water for annual polish, antifoul etc.

Cheers

Garold
Garold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:52   #534

Re: Lagoon 400 - rig tension

Hi guys,
Anyone has an idea what should be the proper tension (or tension range) on the rig of the Lagoon400?
The owner's manual suggest that there is a need to re-check the rig tension on a new boat "after a few sea-trips", however, the procedure described in the manual do not provide figures and is confusing to say the least (e.g. they refer to backstays, which I could not find on my boat, even trying hard...)
I have asked my agent but did not receive a clear answer to my query.
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-12-2011, 13:45   #535

Boat: Lagoon 400, HanaFe

Hi,

with your boat manual you got a lot of other manuals. One is for the Sparcraft rigg. At one of the last pages of the sparcraft manual is a little sticker with the correct rig tension. Check if you have this page.
It is not in the boat manual.
I believe this information is of help.
I am wondering how your agent could get the rigging done properly when he does not know where to find the tension. Strange to me.
Cheers

P.S. HanaFe was sold a while ago.
hanafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 15:42   #536
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafe View Post
HanaFe was sold a while ago.
Sale was OK? Are you now boat-less?
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15   #537

Thanks -as far as I remember, I have never seen a separate rig manual. I would go over the documents next time I will visit the boat to re-check.
The agent did not do the rigging for the new boat. It was done by a commissioning company in France on behalf of the agent. These guys may have the proper data from Lagoon, and following this thread, I will send them an email as well.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:33   #538

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirriba View Post
Thanks -as far as I remember, I have never seen a separate rig manual. I would go over the documents next time I will visit the boat to re-check.
rigging manual was not among the papers i got, for our 380.
did anybody else get a manual like Hanafe tells us he got ?
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25   #539

Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it on here...

I am considering purchasing a Lagoon 400 in Maryland and plan to move it to Florida in the next few weeks. If possible, I'd like to have the option of taking the ICW in case weather offshore does not cooperate. I've done the trip before on a Nonsuch 36 with a 65' mast and my VHF antenna scraped a few of the bridges.

Has anyone:
1) Brought the Lagoon 400 down the ICW successfully and if so how (ballast, playing tides, etc.)?
2) Reduced their mast height to under 65. If so, results/consequences?

Thanks,
Noah

PS - Anyone recommend a surveyor in Annapolis, MD area familiar with catamarans or this model in particular?
noahchanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:52   #540

We also have a 400 and live on the ICW in Florida. We were quoted $8500 from Mack Sails in Stuart to cut the mast down to 63 feet. They indicated that you dont have to change the rigging because the cut is above the upper rigging attachment. Obviously the mast must be dropped and you have to bottom cut the sail, which they included in the price. The impact on performance is a function of which sail you opted for. We have the flat top and they estimated a loss of 1/4 to 1/10 of a knot, which is negligible. We tried to get them to do it in the factory while it was being built but they wouldnt do it.

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400