Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-03-2007, 18:15   #526

Boat: Lagoon 420
I know CatCos engineers are being trained and I'm pretty sure this will be true of TMMs. One of the things they have been learning to do over the last few months is apply software revisions to the control software in the field. One of the things the owners have often expressed a desire for is to go on this training ourselves.
Old 20-03-2007, 09:16   #527

Boat: Lagoon 420 -Avanga
Slow condomarans?

The new Lagoon designs are comfortable and provide good performance.
catamarans LAGOON : construction, vente et location de catamarans de croisière

Lagoon 500 Exhilarating Performance Passage
(03/08/07)

Lagoon 500 Margarita recently came back from Vladivostok to Singapore with a new record: 12 days, this is an average speed of 15 knots with a top speed recorded of 22.1 knots. Captain of Margarita, Mr. Alexander Shatokhin said it was the most exciting and pleasing voyage of his career.

Lagoon 500 Margarita sailed together with the Lagoon 440 Arabella on the first 100 miles of the journey. Then Lagoon 440 Arabella headed Korea and Lagoon 500 Margarita took the direction of Singapore. The two cruising catamarans, who have clocked over 12.000 miles in one year, will meet again soon in Singapore.
planetoftheapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 23:48   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Riot 420
We're waiting with anticipation for hull #11, the "Martha R", and will be with TMM. It will be a 4 cabin cat, and we plan to use it to escape Michigan winters for some time each year. Check it out at default. Looking forward to more info from other owners. We put our deposit down 2 years ago in Annapolis, and have spent many hours looking, planning, waiting for the day the boat will arrive. Doug and Cathy
I have reserved your boat for charter in July. It doesn't have A/C, but will there be fans in the cabins?
Thanks,

Jeff Schantz
JSchantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 07:35   #529

Boat: 40 Beneteau CC
Send a message via ICQ to sail2wind
A/C

Jeff,

We will be on the Martha R for 11 days in the end of June. The Martha R will have A/C. Douglas is installing it in Tortola. TMM is not listing it with A/C until it is installed. If you have any queations contact Douglas directly. No A/C would be a deal breaker for us, we have been in BVI in June, sleeping without A/C can be challenging.

Evan
sail2wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:46   #530

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
You guys have gone quiet all of a sudden. I hope that means you are all too busy sailing your new Lagoons to spend time on the internet.

Come on, updates please... Anyone taken delivery yet?

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:01   #531
CF Adviser

Boat: Boatless, for now, Cat enthusiast
Hi, Mike --

Yes, I've been pretty quiet -- lot's going on at the home front. Latest news is that 15 owner boats (not the early boats the factory has been using for testing, development and shows) have either been delivered, or they are in commissioning or transport to their owners. So, they're up to hull #19 or 20.

We should be hearing some actual owner reports in the not-too-distant future!

ID

Observations are gold; hypotheses, silver; and conclusions, bronze.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.--Ben Franklin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.--Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Intentional Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54   #532

Mike,

Douglas told me the 420 owners are now communicating in an other arena. The Martha R is in the Atlantic and should be in Tortola by the end of May. TMM has put some guests on other boats that were booked in May. Our charter is mid June, so we should be fine. We are very excited to charter a boat with electric engines. Has anyone chartered a 420? I would like to hear your first hand experiences.

Evan
Old 06-05-2007, 13:58   #533

The first charters must be happening around about now. Hopefully we'll see some independant feedback very soon.

The Lagoon owners are still around - at least I am. Dignity was launched at the beginning of last week. I have attached a picture of her on the ramp before the tide came in and she floated off.

Since then, she's been rigged and had her sea trials and inspections. I understand the captain is now aboard and she'll set sail for the BVIs in the next few days.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lagoon420_no20_003.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1132  
Old 06-05-2007, 14:38   #534

Steve,

What hull # is the Dignity? I know Martha R (#11) and another 420 are already on their way.
Evan
Old 06-05-2007, 15:27   #535

Dignity is hull #20. I believe one 420 has already reached the BVIs. This is probably an earlier hull # than Martha R. If you're still in the BVIs after the 23rd of June, look out for Dignity as we'll be sailing her then.
Old 06-05-2007, 16:18   #536

pirate June 18-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess105
Dignity is hull #20. I believe one 420 has already reached the BVIs. This is probably an earlier hull # than Martha R. If you're still in the BVIs after the 23rd of June, look out for Dignity as we'll be sailing her then.
We arrive at TMM on June 18th. Say hello to Joanne at the Cat Co. for me, Evan from Colorado. Mike (saildoggie) from TTOL wil be aboard the Jeannius about the same time. We should hook up for a Pain Killer or a Carib, or both. I love Nanny Cay, if you stay at the hotel ask Cynthia for a room facing the docks. Breakfast and email at Genaker, priceless.

Evan
Old 06-05-2007, 16:36   #537

other arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2wind
Mike,

Douglas told me the 420 owners are now communicating in an other arena. The Martha R is in the Atlantic and should be in Tortola by the end of May. TMM has put some guests on other boats that were booked in May. Our charter is mid June, so we should be fine. We are very excited to charter a boat with electric engines. Has anyone chartered a 420? I would like to hear your first hand experiences.

Evan
Where is the other arena?

John
pruim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 16:57   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2wind
We should hook up for a Pain Killer or a Carib, or both.
"Both" sounds a good plan. I'm expecting to head straight over to JVD on the 23rd/24th and then a stop or two further E before jumping over to the leewards. I'll attempt a hail on the VHF from time to time to see if you're in the area.
Old 06-05-2007, 17:28   #539

John, I did not ask Doug, but I think the negativity was getting to them.
Steve, Where is the genset located? Which stateroom on the 4 cabin model would be best? We always like the forward cabins as they pick up more wind.
Old 06-05-2007, 17:48   #540

The genset is under the seat closest to the kitchen window in the outside lounge area.

I can't recommend which is best cabin as I have not overnighted on an L420. I have spent a week on the rear cabin on an L440 and found it very agreeable. The forward cabin may have been better but I wouldn't know.

But do bear in mind the layout is a little different on the 420. The forweward bunk is at a different angle to that on the 440. You may prefer this or not or be ambivilent. It's all down to personal taste really.

The owners did find it collectively more agreeable to take our conversation elsewhere. Negativity might be a word to use. In reality - there was not much more to be said in public prior to the boats getting out there. The speculation was getting tiresome. I anticipate this thread becoming more lively again over the next month or two.

Steve

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 420