Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 22:46   #16

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: Lagoon 440/450

Yes, when I first fitted them and lifted the dinghy it rotated on to its side. However with short cords from the centre of the aft bar to the dinghy floor attachment points this stopped, although not as stable as with strops and dangling lower. What I do is raise the stern a foot above the water and then lift the bow to hit the davits so it can't rotate.

I also just discovered the lock on the honda motor so it can't rotate! Doh!
DavefromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 00:41   #17

Distance between the Davits??

Hey guys!

I need to find the measurements between the Davits on a Lagoon 450. I have been ordering a new Tender and the manufacturer that builds it asks for the measurements of the fall son the davits.

I cant find it anywhere and I need it ASAP.

Anyone?
sbaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:57   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
My wife and I are in the market for a cruising catamaran. Lagoon is on the top of the list.
We were hoping that some one could tell us what davits and tenders are considered ideal for the 440/450? We would prefer to put a larger tender on our new boat when the time comes.
How much weight would be more than the boat is safely able to balance?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge on this subject.

We a have 10ft Fiberglass Caribe (145 lbs) with 20HP electric start and tilt Tohatsu (97 lbs) + battery and fuel tank + anchor etc so about 300 lbs (140kg) . It is a tough heavy combination but no problem for our davits. We have an electric winch to raise the dinghy. The electric start and tilt is great for beaching the dinghy and traveling over variable shallows. If I was to get a bigger dinghy I would go for say an 11ft alloy Hifield with the same size motor, and a twin console seat - probably weigh much the same or even less.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 00:44   #19

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
An interesting point, when we were looking at different 440's for sale there were two with twin jammers on the lift rope, last week a clutch let go for whatever reason sending the end of the dinghy down.
We were in big seas at the time so a little unnerving, i intend to put a second jammer each side.....
When we go to sea, we take the dinghy lines around the stern cleats as an added safety precaution. (Twin Jammers would also prob do the Job).

I also plan to strap up the dinghy with ratchet straps before going offshore, just havn't quite figured out how yet.

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 00:48   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
My wife and I are in the market for a cruising catamaran. Lagoon is on the top of the list.
We were hoping that some one could tell us what davits and tenders are considered ideal for the 440/450? We would prefer to put a larger tender on our new boat when the time comes.
How much weight would be more than the boat is safely able to balance?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge on this subject.
Lagoon 450 F.

We have a 3.6m Highfield CL 360-FCT (FCT is the 'Flying Console), with Suzuki 20hp Electric Start/Tilt Engine.

A CL380 (3.8m) will also Fit.

I probably wouldn't go much bigger as you'd fight it hitting the sugarscoops on each side when lowering. Even now we always have a small fender on the one behind the motor to stop it banging into the side of the boat.

Regards

Mark.
Old 07-08-2018, 00:50   #21

Re: Distance between the Davits??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaydreamer View Post
Hey guys!

I need to find the measurements between the Davits on a Lagoon 450. I have been ordering a new Tender and the manufacturer that builds it asks for the measurements of the fall son the davits.

I cant find it anywhere and I need it ASAP.

Anyone?

1510mm center to center at the rope clutches.

I just went out and measured it. L450-F 2011

Regards

Mark.

Tags
lagoon