Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2022, 15:45   #256

Boat: Cruising Catamaran
Re: Lagoon 450 Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
you better off joining L450 user fgroup on FB. Very few lagooners still circulate around CF.

Yes, disappointing isn't it. You used to get very positive support on this forum, now there only seem to be anonymous brand destroyers and whingers left especially in the multihull sections.
Tin Tin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 16:27   #257

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post
Yes, disappointing isn't it. You used to get very positive support on this forum, now there only seem to be anonymous brand destroyers and whingers left especially in the multihull sections.
Probably not helped by the few that continue to make outrageous assertions and claims about "their" boat.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 19:45   #258

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigafloat View Post
Hey all, this is my first post!

I have a couple questions regarding the Lagoon 450 that I'm hoping somebody can help me with.

First, and this is a total noob question: has anybody figured out how to shade the forward cockpit? I love that seating area, but there is zero shade. I've combed the internet and can't find anything. I can only assume that there is a very obvious reason why this is a bad idea.. for example it would get in the way of the foresail. However, something that could fold back/stowaway when under sail (like a bimini) "seems" like it would work.

Second, has anybody built out a platform to put a larger bed into one of the aft cabins?

Clearly these are both comfort mods...but comfort is important .

I love this thread!

I’ve seen L440 and other cats with forward shade sails. The aft corners attach to the shrouds, there’s a notch for the mast if the mast is forward of the cabin roof, and the forward corners attach to the pulpits. A line from the headsail clew to the mast provides good height. Of course, this must be removed if you want to use the headsail.

Or, copy Leopard with a hard top over the forward cockpit, but that will be expensive.

I’ve seen one cat that started with semi-island beds and they used plywood to extend the mattress base for King size mattresses. 3/4” plywood I think.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, paracelle