Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2014, 19:07   #31

Boat: St Francis 50
Re: Lagoon 52

Nope ...... a Picasso wiring diagram would be open to interpretation - exactly what you don't need .
Catalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 06:06   #32

I wonder how OUTREMER score on the wiring quality....
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 10:00   #33

Alexxx,,,are you the same Alex who produces the Lagoon magazine? You seem to me to be sort of a moderator of this thread.

IMHO, if Lagoon engaged in true customer networking it would be a huge benefit to all. A Win-Win situation.

The problem with Lagoon electrical is essentially the same problem as with all systems: lack of customer support. Owners like me need answers when things break or stop working correctly. A HOTLINE would be great, and with hundreds of their boats sailing around the world it sure seems like an item that could fit into the corporate budget.

Most owner and guest dissatisfaction with Lagoon Catamarans could be resolved with a free flow of information, replacement part expedite service and a change in mindset about the dealer's role. My Dealer is busting his ass to help but he is only human and has a dealership to run. I think he is more frustrated than me because he has multiple owners all in the same boat (pun intended).
Freedom52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 11:08   #34

ooh nooo Freedom52, i'm no moderator at all, and i am NOT this Alex guy from Lagoon (i know who you mean)..... I'm not working for any dealer, or any corporation, i'm actually starting to save for a cat, but i give myself 3 years before i make my choice... Before i spend my hard earned money on a Cat, i'm trying to know everything i possibly can about pros and cons of a given cat (and cat makers), and the input of you guys who are owners of cats, who use them and sail them in open oceans, is the most valuable of all....Anything that cat makers say, is pure sales-propaganda, and it does not interest me.....i can smell it from far away......... No, i don't moderate anything, i'm just too polite perhaps....... what annoys me on this forum, is how hard it is to figure out who is an honest cat owner like you, and who DOES NOT work for a cat maker, doesn't sell them, and is not a broker....... These forums are heavily infiltrated by sales people, then those magazines like MULTIHULLSWORLD, SAIL, CRUISINGWORLD etc, each time they do a cat test, it's all bloody good and rosy, it's like they're **** scared to really criticize a cat model if something is really bad.......... it's not easy to see through all of this.......
I wanted to have that last confirmation about lagoon, i heard those wiring stories from others, but i thought it was fixed!!!...... apparently still not.......... and the post-sales customer service problems, i thought that it improved too!!!, but apparently not, sounds like fountaine pajot then.......... I was in touch with some Privilège and Outremer owners lately, it seems like those two sell directly to the owner when the owner wants to, and they both have a post sales customer plan where they follow the owner wherever they are, responding to their needs, customer service problems, sending replacement parts promptly, very very good......... i think i'm turning myself more and more towards those two, and perhaps Nautitech and seawind........ we'll see, still 3 more years to go, but i want to know of all of REAL owners' experiences with their cats...... it's the best feedback i can get............. thanks for your feedback by the way, it all adds up and it's very much appreciated........
sail safe !!
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon