Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2016, 05:37   #46

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241
Re: Lagoon get together Whitsundays Australia 2016

Hi Oliver,
We came across this morning from Long Island, a shorter distance than Airlie, & left around 8am. What Greg said is correct in the current wind conditions (strong winds).

Time your crossing of the Whitsunday Passage for a making tide (current running with the wind, south to north) for the most comfortable crossing. As high tide at Cid tomorrow is around 9:30am, you would be better off planning to cross the Whitsunday Passage at 8am (or earlier) tomorrow .

Although the wind was around 20 to 25 this morning our trip across was bearable.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 16:43   #47

Boat: currently boatless

Hello all,
well I am a humbled man this morning. Despite the strong wind warnings and lumpy seas "14" Lagoon catamarans have turned up for our little get together so far. Paul from Moor R and R put on an inpromptu cocktail party on his boat with 26 poeple turning up for a night of good company and conversation.
It was a special night and many many thanks go out to Paul and Kathryn for being such wonderful hosts.
Today we will be heading in Dugong Beach for a sausage sizzle and then sundowners later in the early evening. The Australian Agents for Lagoon Ausgtralia "The Multihull Group" have arrived and will be in attendance. Its great to see such support. More to come along with photos.

Greg H
SV Sunshine
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 14:35   #48

Hello all,
well one can only describe our little Lagoon get together as a big success. In the end we had 15 Lagoon catamaran and owners (28 people) come to this shin dig. TMG (The Multi Hull Company) the Australian agents for Lagoon arrived as promised and supplied everyone with Lagoon Flags and T Shirts marking the occasion plus other goodies. Also present from the parent companies were Peter Hrones (Windcraft ) and Tim Vine (Yoti) and Kirsten the parts manager for the whole group. To show this support was greatly appreciated by all in attendance and I believe goes a long way in showing the positive future of Lagoons in Australia. A competition with a sand wedge for hitting a golf ball nearest the hole on Dugong Beach was won by David off Happy Cat with a bottle of Moet won courtesy of TMG
The Get together BBQ occured on Dugong Beach in the beautiful Cid Harbour and depsite some heavy rain late in the after noon the enthusiasm and fun did not dissipate and continued on under the picnic shelters.
Thank you to everyone who attended. Without you being here the event would not have been the success it was. To Mark and Wendy off "Temptress" thank you for your assistance and BBQ skills. Lastly I would personally like to thank Paul and Kathryn off Moor R and R. While I may have come up with the idea these two put in an enormous amout of work and effort to ensure the success of the event.
It certainly made my job a lot easier and a lot more fun.
In the end we had 3 x Lagoon 38s, 3 x Lagoon 410's, 1 x L 400's, 2 x L 421's, 4 x L 440's, 2 x L 450's and one Lagoon 470 from Germany.
Photos and more coming when I get better internet recepton

Greg and Sue
SV Sunshine
Old 17-08-2016, 23:46   #49
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Good times enjoyed by all!

Thanks much to our organizers!
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 03:02   #50

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

Yeah second that. Huge thanks to Greg & Sue, & Paul & Kathryn. It was a fun couple of days. Well done guys & great meeting the guys & girls from TMG. Sounds like they really want to support the brand & owners. .....::: hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 01:38   #51

Thanks to all the Lagoons and crews that made the effort to attend, would not have happened without you.

Thanks to John and crew from TMG /Windcraft / Yoti it was not just the 2 Very Large Coolers of drinks and all the swag your presence enhanced the event no end (actually the drink did help just a bit) I will not publicly post the picture, you know which one, but it is a good shot of the delivery boat.

A big pat on the back for "The Idea's man" aka Greg from Sunshine without whom this would have never got off the ground. On the left in picture above.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 18:28   #52

Boat: Lagoon 380

I just wanted to send everyone a quick thank you for inviting us to join the “LAGOONies in OZ 2016” on Tuesday 16th August. Denise and I had a great time meeting everyone in the flotilla of fellow Lagoon owners.We look forward to catching up again before too long.Best regards Jamie & Denise
Lukim Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 04:32   #53
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Lukim Yu.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 05:57   #54

Hi Everyone
Thought i would drop in and say hello after dropping into Cid Harbour to see a sea of Lagoons.

We did see the "delivery boat" and was curious to see it swing by an hour after low tide. which resulted in this.

So Jealous to see all the lovely Lagoons in one spot, but not as jealous as the owner of our 42 Lagoon when we got back to Airlie after seeing the tshirts! Would of loved to talk lagoons with you all. Shame about the weather and conditions. We headed for Stonehaven the next day after walking the Whitsunday peak with 5 kids in the morning and copped the earthquake just short of Stonehaven. I was on the lookout for whales after hearing a report of a boat hitting one up there a few days prior, It had me stumped what had happened until we heard the news over the radio. Hope everyone had a great time and thank you for the tshirts!
Kind regards to all Sheridan
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 06:05   #55
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Gillie.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 15:13   #56

Hi Sheridan,
sorry we did not see you out at the anchorage othewise a prompt invitation would have been arranged to come to our little get together on Dugong Beach. Sue and I were trying to place which boat you were on based on where you were anchored. I do recall seeing a Lagoon called Portland Rose the previous day which left, did you sneak back.

Regards
Greg and Sue'
SV Sunshine
Old 22-08-2016, 16:17   #57

Hi Greg and Sue
That was us on Portland Roads. We had a great time. With 5 kids on board (all girls under 10 years old, with the 4 year old being the most amazing boat baby that never felt sick) we stopped at Cid for two nights and then went to Hamilton Island for Tuesday night. Wednesday saw us back at Cid. The weather threw out all our plans as it did yours and for many people. We did a quick jaunt out to Whitehaven on the previous Sunday but didn't chance to anchor on the west of the islands.
This was my first experience with a lagoon having sailed a Seawind 1000 before which we now refer to as the old kingswood! We were mightily impressed with the Lagoon.
We did talk about coming out to help out with the "delivery boat" but came to the conclusion we wouldn't be able to do anything and thought we would reassess two hours after low tide. About an hour too late!
and by the way I am not really that tall! I am of course standing on the top step in the above photo.
Regards to all
Sheridan
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, lagoon