Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2020, 06:09   #16

Boat: Lagoon 450F, 45'
Re: Lagoon Windows

Hi Jimmy, me again... We pick up our 2015 next weekend. We definitely will be doing this as one of our priorities! Do you know if the goo be gone could affect the seal of the window too? What do you think about Daved's comment about windows falling out?
WhiskeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:43   #17

Boat: Lagoon, 450F, 45 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBusiness View Post
Hi Jimmy, me again... We pick up our 2015 next weekend. We definitely will be doing this as one of our priorities! Do you know if the goo be gone could affect the seal of the window too? What do you think about Daved's comment about windows falling out?
WB,
Congrats on the boat!

The Goo Be Gone does not seem to have effected the seal of the boat. We have taken her out several times and had some rain, but no leaks at all.

Dave has had a lot more sailing experience then I have, so I am in no position to challenge him on this.

I have heard about windows falling out of a Leopard catamaran, but have not heard any stories about Lagoons windows loosing their seal.

I will be keeping an eye on mine for sure

Where are you picking up your boat from?
Jimmy30379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 16:13   #18

Boat: Lagoon 450F, 45'

Jimmy,

Either way we are doing the windows for sure!!

We are closing on June 15th in Ft Lauderdale then sailing her up to Charleston where she will be docked until after hurricane season. Then we will be headed to St Thomas where we plan to charter.

Big changes for us after being in corporate America for 30 years!! This will be our retirement home!! Hopefully not nursing home. haha

Wade
WhiskeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 16:18   #19

Boat: Lagoon, 450F, 45 feet

Quote:
Jimmy,

We are closing on June 15th in Ft Lauderdale then sailing her up to Charleston where she will be docked until after hurricane season. Then we will be headed to St Thomas where we plan to charter.

Big changes for us after being in corporate America for 30 years!! This will be our retirement home!! Hopefully not nursing home. haha

Wade
Love it!!

You are living the dream!!

-Jimmy
Jimmy30379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 16:21   #20

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Jimmy,

Wade
Feel your excitement. I also have left that rat mess in just under 30 years of working. We love it. I think your lagoon will be just fine nursing home. Beats alternatives as we have seen on news.

Anyway, before you scrap windows, try to clean them with acetone from outside. I was going to remove but then when I saw results of 15 min acetone work, changed my mind, so we still have originals on. Ours have no scratches though.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:01   #21

I have pulled off the decals without heatgun or anything else. Just teared them off within 5 seconds. It is a new and one of the last L450F which I picked up last week, so maybe Lagoon has changed something regarding the glue.

But - as Jimmy30379 has mentioned - the edges of the windows look ugly and now I am looking for black frames to cover them. Not easy to find some in France.
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 09:02   #22

Boat: Lagoon 400 Cat

I have a Lagoon 400 2010 and the white dot window with the white surround is painted on. The paint was wearing unevenly and I easily removed it easily with MEK. After the paint is removed it does show the adhesive behind it thus why they had the white border. The replacement are the sticky back ones you can obtain from Lagoon (pricey) but it looks like new now.

Mai Tai

Tags
lagoon, wind