Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 10:11   #31

Boat: Lagoon L400S2
Re: Love my LAGOON !

When I bought the 400S2 I knew she had some volume to carry all my stuff.
( 4 bikes , yup 4)
I have created more storage by installing floor boards under the floors.
I love that I have become so very comfortable with the living space. I have a beautiful home just up the road and I spend more days on the boat then I thought I would. The more time I spend onboard the more I like it.
" IT FEELS LIKE HOME" that about sums it up.
If you have a boat that instills that warm and cozy feeling you will enjoy it more.
The fact that my second home sails away is a bonus.
We sail her 3 or 4 times a week and having your home with you at the end of your sail is a feeling that must be experienced. Love it.
Post your positives here so we can share with you.
Fair winds.
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 14:39   #32

Boat: Lagoon 450, Bavaria Vision 40

Same goes for our 450 in The Bahamas. We just love spending our time on her. We spend all our winter time at anchor and do not have the feeling we miss anything. It just feels like home. 1800W of solar takes care of all our energy needs, including the watermaker. The more remote the anchorage, the better. Go to the beach for some exploring, snorkel around the boat, just enjoy the day relaxing on the boat. The trip to the next bay is a great sightseeing trip on the fly bridge on front row seats with 360-view. Every 2 weeks we need to do some shopping, and thats it for land support.

Can't wait to go south in 2 weeks to be on the boat again.
roetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 12:57   #33

Hey Roetter; great that you got to spend time on my boat.
Thanks so much for sharing your vast knowledge with me. I look forward to your return visit once your back from your winter on your L450.

Now something I do love about my Lagoon.
The attention to detail on the walkways and hand holds around the vessel.
Hand holds were they should be and plenty of space. When you move about in the seaway it is comfortable and your feet go where they should. Sounds like a simple thing; being a custom home builder I know how much thought goes into the process. Job well done. I have never put a foot wrong. If it happens and it will I stand by the design and will blame only me for doing something stupid.
I tend to do some silly things.
Do not jump off the side of a Lagoon, at 57 years old the landing from the high freeboard makes for a jolt to the system. Your not 30 years old any more Scott.
Enjoy you boats and fair winds.
Scott
Old 01-11-2014, 16:24   #34

Boat: Lagoon 500

Hi,
I loved my Lagoon 440 so much a traded it in on a 2012 500
alan
Alan Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 13:31   #35

Boat: L400 S2 Hull# 426

OK Ladies & Gents..... Our L400, Hull #426, "Terres Fin" will be Delivered to Tortola, BVI in the Beginning of Feb 2015. We will be the 1st to Board Her on Feb 14th thru the 28th......Then She'll be in charter for the next 5 years, and we will visit Her 3 months/year...
We Can't wait to Start our Love Affair with our New 400.
Old 21-11-2014, 08:51   #36

Re: Love my Lagoon!

OK, it's been a while.
Time for some more love.
I had a minor leak in my fresh water system.
The fix was to tighten a hose clamp. While I was in the belly of the beast I decided to check all the other clamps. On some of the hoses they were doubled and others not, so I went out to get more hose clamps and double down.
The clamps Lagoon uses are very expensive and of top quality. I had to dig deep into my wallet to match Lagoon standards.
Another thing you will not know from a trip to the boat show.
The more you dig into the systems the more you will be impressed.
Thanks again Lagoon.
There is a reason you produce so many boats.
Old 22-11-2014, 02:07   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
The fix was to tighten a hose clamp.
I have found that most of the clamps could do with a tighten. Perhaps the hose contracts after a couple of years. Another source of freshwater leaks are the Jabsco pump filter caps, which can crack. One final leak hint is to install an isolation valve on the hot water system input side, so that if/when the system leaks it can be turned off and then repaired.
Otherwise, great boats!
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 04:05   #38

Boat: Lagoon 380

19 Lagoons at Catamarans Cup in Greece last month
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Port Heli (1024x768).jpg
Views:	673
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	92149  
django37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 14:39   #39

Thanks Tuskie
I went around the boat and tightened them all up.
Even my double clamps from 1 week ago needed a tighten.
alls good on the good ship MUSKOKA
Old 29-11-2014, 15:12   #40

Boat: Lagoon 410 S2 2006

We love our 2006 410S2. Ex charter but it shined up like a charm. We live on ours full time, in fact just the other day I realized we are on this boat or in the water 99% of the time since we've move aboard her in Sept of this year. Something about the Lagoon just clicks with us. The interior, the layout, the ease of sailing. Just perfect for our family of 4 (currently in St. Thomas USVI).
Thanks for starting this thread. Nice to have a place to share our appreciation for our Lagoons.
onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:05   #41

We too love our Lagoon 400S2!

My wife and I purchased L400S2 #320. I picked up the boat last Fall in Les Sables d'Olonne and delivered it to St. Martin last fall along with Grateful, our sister & nephew.The trip was simply a long, mostly stress-free, cruise. I could go on about the food, the experiences, the people, the in-ports, but this is about the boat….

After taking delivery and running around for a week buying provisions & safety equipment we took her for a day sail on a virtually windless Sunday afternoon--ran the main and genoa up, flew the gennaker and spinnaker, fooled around with the electronics, but mostly ate sandwiches and drank wine. That was the total extent of the shake-down cruise. We hung out in Les Sables for a couple of days, but decided to head out in order to beat some weather that would have trapped us in the Bay of Biscay for too long. As Grateful said, we had to punch through the front and met headwinds up to 57 kts on the first night, ended up with a triple-reefed main (only), with the motors in gear and low idle for steerage. The boat handled the wind and seas much, much better than I expected. On the rest of the trip we had some +35 kts days, and I think 45 kts as we approached Mindelo (Cape Verde). Downwind boat speed was almost always over 7 kts, max speed ~14 kts surfing down a swell. We kind of pushed the boat, but apart from the washing machine switch (now fixed) nothing flat out broke, and everything (and I mean everything--electronics, A/C, water maker, plumbing, deck hardware, etc.) worked exactly as designed. I can't say enough about the quality of the build. As for ergonomics, the interior of the S2 is like stepping into a sunny studio apartment. Comfortable cockpit, great view from inside, good ventilation (but I wish we had a hatch over the galley), easy to use galley, light-colored wood, enough food storage for a longish (2-3 weeks) crossing (I will say if I had a choice I’d add more lockers and delete the desk in the “owner’s version” layout). I have to note that the boat has a very solid over all feel--we never heard or felt creaking, groaning or flexing throughout the trip, and I can’t say that about some popular 40’ production cruising cats I’ve been on.

On the plus side:
High bridge deck clearance (little slamming)
High free board (more interior space, and I think we only took one wave on board)
Excellent canvas & plastic cockpit and helm enclosure
Lots of sail area
Adequate “ready” storage, plenty of “deep” storage and load carrying capacity
Bright, inviting, livable interior
Excellent visibility from inside and from the helm
Excellent overall engineering

On the minus side:
High freeboard (lots of windage)
Average (for a fixed-keel cruising cat) up wind performance
Tall mast (we can’t go through the ICW here in the US)
Limited storage for clothes
Expensive (but less than a custom boat)

After building thousands of boats (and hundreds of L400s) Lagoon has the process down. My wife and I had the opportunity to have a personal tour the factory at Belleville sur Vie and their production line is truly impressive. From start to finish they have optimized production, and believe it or not this factory turns out five boats (L380—still!, L39, L400, L450) per day and it includes two test tanks where all sea water related systems (generators, engines, through hulls, heads etc.) on every boat are checked.

We (and all of our friends!) love the boat. It feels like home, and I trust her implicitly. After St. Martin we sailed her to the US and use her every weekend. We are preparing for extended cruising, hopefully starting in about 4 years. Apart from wind & solar, she is essentially ready to go.

To sum it up, purchasing a production (vice one-off or semi-custom) catamaran works for us. There is no “perfect” boat that fits everyone’s budget and performance expectations. Every designer, builder and purchaser has to make compromises-that’s why there are so many different kinds of boats out there--so try not to hate on a boat simply because it does not fit your needs. Our experience with a production boat has been good, and presume other reputable builders are as good as Lagoon. I hope everyone finds a boat they love as much as we love ours.

Sorry for the long post…

By the way, I "saved" 10,000 Euros by delivering it myself--but then again my crew "volunteered" their air fare, shared expenses, and we all had to take time off from work...
Beach View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15   #42

What a great experience BEACH VIEW.
You are so right that no boat is perfect but it sure is nice when a shakedown cruise can be one with so little going wrong.
I have to admit that most of my problems have been ones that I created.
I sounds like the crew had a blast.
Perhaps we will meet up out there one day, our departure dates seem to be in sync.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:46   #43

You may have saved more than 10,000 Euro delivering it yourself. Our L450 was delivered to The Bahamas by a French "professional" crew and the boat was badly beaten up. We are still finding bulkheads that have separated from the hull by tracing the sound in rolling anchorages after having fixed a crack before and having hoped that was the last one. There were other indications of rough handling too. We crossed in a L450 the year before and had none of this, and the crossing was fairly rough with up to 45 knots from behind mind you.

Rolf
Old 04-12-2014, 12:05   #44

Hello Rolf, sorry about your experience. Actually I think we met in Les Sables d'Olonne, you were on the Lagoon float in front of us (we were the first boat as you came down the ramp) at the same time, and you let us use your weather files before we left. Cheers, Bill
Beach View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:08   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach View View Post
Hello Rolf, sorry about your experience. Actually I think we met in Les Sables d'Olonne, you were on the Lagoon float in front of us (we were the first boat as you came down the ramp) at the same time, and you let us use your weather files before we left. Cheers, Bill
I remember something like that. The sailing world can be pretty small. We still ove our boat though.

Tags
lagoon