Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 19:52   #1

Boat: currently boatless
Offer accepted on Lagoon 410

Hello all,
in a state of shock at the moment. Just had our low offer accepted by seller for a 2004 Lagoon 410. Its pending survey and test sail, and mechanical inspection of motors but we are very excited. Just waiting to arrange time and place for inspection and travel arrangements.

Greg and Sue
Lake Macquarie
New South Wales
Oz
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 19:57   #2

Congrats!
Just BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 20:34   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Offer accepted on Lagoon 410

The 4 berth one in the Whitsundays?
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 23:00   #4

Congrats...
Can u tell us how much after all settled.
Gpolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45   #5

Hi Stu,
yep its the one in the Whits. I was not sure about the four cabins and heads but at the price we have negotiated you just could not buy one in Oz. I have been looking at Lagoons and Fountaine Pajot cats due to these being the main sellers in Oz other than the Seawinds. I really liked the Seawind 1160 but its just so far out of our budget. There is a Fountaine Pajot Athena 38 for sale in Airlie but the owner is not willing to negotiate a lot. Its on the market for 245 K.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16   #6

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
Hi Stu,
yep its the one in the Whits. I was not sure about the four cabins and heads but at the price we have negotiated you just could not buy one in Oz. I have been looking at Lagoons and Fountaine Pajot cats due to these being the main sellers in Oz other than the Seawinds. I really liked the Seawind 1160 but its just so far out of our budget. There is a Fountaine Pajot Athena 38 for sale in Airlie but the owner is not willing to negotiate a lot. Its on the market for 245 K.
Hi ozsailer,
Congrats on the pending awesome ownership. I'm pretty sure that we had a look at that L410 when we bought our L380 two years ago from Hamilton Island from the same broker / vendor. Say hi to David for us.

It wasn't for sale at the time but we had a quick look & were told that it would be coming up not long after.

Our buying experience at the time was all good & we're extremely happy with Seabreeze. Though there was a few things that I would do differently in hindsight.

We now have Seabreeze to the stage that we are preparing to go long term cruising next year.

I would be happy to discuss what we learnt from our buying experience if you want to PM me.

Dave
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:40   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

I'd also be interested in what price you settled for. House is on the market and as soon as it sells I'll be buying something similar (pref Lagoon,Leopard, FP in that order and 40+ ft) so I'm currently keeping a close eye on what's on the market.

I'll be bringing it back to POM. Hopefully get it all sorted and do the crossing no later than Easter.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:52   #8

Boat: Lagoon 410 (now sold)

Congratulations from another 410 owner. I bought mine in Brisbane just over a year ago.

If you would like to chat, PM me your contact number and I will give you a call.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12   #9
cruiser

Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"

GRATZ! its an awesome feeling. i was nervous until a deposit was in the owners hands, then i knew i owned it. the 410 is an awesome boat, enjoy! how long until you take off on a journey?
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 00:32   #10

Hello all,
just an update with the L410. We are booked to arrive in the Whitsundays on Monday the 16th and meeting the broker in the afternoon. Inspection and test sail on the Tuesday if all goes well. Slip and survey booked for the Wednesday as well as mechanical examination. Hopefully it gets that far. If all good then boat stays out of the water for antifoul, service etc. If all good then celebrations with Champers on the Friday night . If all goes bad will drown our sorrows on Friday night with cheap bourbon .
Old 13-12-2013, 02:05   #11

sounds like you have the plans all set. I hope it goes well with you. and hopefully soon we will hear more good news from you.
Unkle Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 17:49   #12

Boat: Lagoon 410 (now sold)

Well, do you have good news?
Old 20-12-2013, 00:53   #13

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
Hi Stu,
Wow you could save 100k on the 04 athena in Fl and still cover airfare and provisioning to get home lol still would have the taxes on it? . Pretty big difference in comfort between the athena and the Lagoon though hope you get her, and congrats!!!
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 01:40   #14

Hello all,
things still happening. Sorry if I sound cryptic but I don't want to jinx myself. Was up the Whitsundays all week and did a visual inspection and a test sail. Blowing solid 25 knots gusting 30's. First reef in main and full head sail out. No weather helm on any point of sail and no indication of being overpowered what so ever. No wave slapping and easy to sail. Bonus was finding it a had an electric winch for the main which was not listed in the itinerary. Boat has been surveyed but just waiting for final report. Christmas may get in the way as things tend to go a bit slow but that's life.. Will keep everyone updated as things progress.
In regards to buying a boat overseas it can turn out to be more expensive once you have to pay taxes, import duties etc and as the Aussie dollar is dropping its only going to get more expensive.
Old 21-12-2013, 02:03   #15

Boat: 1995 CATALINA 320 formerly Catamaran owner
Send a message via Skype™ to SurfNRG

That Lagoon 410 is a great sailing cat. Hope all works out well for you!
SurfNRG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, offer