Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2018, 07:10   #16

Boat: Lagoon 42
Re: Thinking of New L42 Order, What do I include from the factory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sea View Post
There are a few excellent 450's available on the market - fully kitted out, bugs solved, not too old and still significantly cheaper than a loaded 42. If you're squeezed on budget then you should seriously consider these.
Yea, that is still on the table for us. Emerald Sea would have been perfect! just available a little too soon. I will not have all the money for a used boat until the house is sold, so 6 months to a year away. Your 450 was full kit and well proven. I see you have got it sold, congratulations.

Quote:
Note: I'm in the "never wanted a fly bridge due to all the perceived issues, but now we have one, totally love it and don't want to go back" club..
I have been reconsidering the fly bridge issues. I'm used flybridge on power yachts and am not eliminating them from consideration.

What was it like buying a boat in Turkey?

Kent
Kentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 09:36   #17

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Buying in Turkey turned out fine. BUT we landed an excellent buyers broker that made it all just work. (Including working insanely hard in finding us another boat after the first one fell thru at the last minute)

It was a little nerve-So.wracking with not understanding the language, and legalities etc, and the amount of money going around, but it all worked out. We purchased a US flagged boat that was in a Delaware LLC, but owned by a Turkish company. So that made it a little cleaner to check for any liens etc.

Overall it was pretty straightforward. But I'd highly recommend a buyers broker, or other legal rep, to deal with all the foreign issues in any country that is not your own. (PM me if you need details of the one I used, or for more info.
Also surveyor, a Brit who lives there, was good.).

Took about 5 weeks from initial viewing to settling, and that was mainly on our end waiting for survey and banks to do their thing etc.

Regards

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 21:18   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

I have a 50 foot 2015 Beneteau sense and thinking about the L42. The desalator watermaker is not very sophisticated but I like having 12 volt. I’d do Spectra aftermarket. If you are struggling with budget I’d skip the generator next time. I sail west coast of US and Mexico. I need watermaker as water sources are scarce and ac when in a slip. I’ve very rarely needed ac while anchored. I seldom anchor same place more than a day or two so with solar I don’t need more 110 than an inverter. Plugged in at the dock gets me my ac.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote