Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 23:18   #31

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Washing machine on a Lagoon 400S2 4 cabin version?

Hi Markus
I am not familiar with the 4 cabin type, however I would say that Lagoon would have simular size cupboard in each 400 model to fit the specified 3kg machine. At the time we were looking at approx. $2300 for a 3 kg machine. So we paid a shipwright to cut the original cupboard out and make a shelf for a normal household washing machine with small depth (Made for units) Anyway the machine is a Simpson SWF10761 7kg. I am sure other manufactures make simular size machines. We have now owned the boat 5 years and it was the first thing we had to install to keep the ladies happy. The dimensions H850 W600 D540. And the cost of the machine and modification less than the specified 3kg machine.
The cupboard we cut out I saved the doors and timber and have since made a cupboard in the Port forward cabin on the forward bulkhead, can never have enough storage...
Old 02-02-2016, 09:36   #32

Re: Washing machine on a Lagoon 400S2 4 cabin version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
Hi Markus
I am not familiar with the 4 cabin type, however I would say that Lagoon would have simular size cupboard in each 400 model to fit the specified 3kg machine.
yes i think so too, the space should be there, but i assume the steps down to hull are wide enough, wider than 560 mm, so you could bring the machine to it´s place.
but in 4 cabin version there is a comparatively narrow corridor and the port to forward cabin is even more narrow.
i have to check this.
it is a pity i did not measure the ports before leaving the boat, because i planed to take the machine with me next time we go to italy to the boat...

but the idea to put the machine to this place is too smart to be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
We have now owned the boat 5 years and it was the first thing we had to install to keep the ladies happy.
this is why i am going to put it ....

thank you !
sukram33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, lagoon, lagoon 400, washing