Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2014, 06:49   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Water cooled Fridge filter cartridge

So my Lagoon 380 came with a Frigoboat water cooled refrigerator. Before the water pump it has an inline filter from an Italian company called ARAG. The filter cartridge inside is a 32 mesh filter. The mesh in mine has split from the plastic casing in two places and I wanted to get a new one (make that two cartridges just in case). Anyway, I can't seem to find anywhere online where I can purchase one. Has anyone ever had any issues with this filter and does anyone know where I can get a couple of them? I've attached a picture.

Thanks for your help,
Zoid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141026_115144784[1].jpg
Views:	174
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	90373  
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 07:39   #2

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Re: Water cooled Fridge filter cartridge

A water filter is a water filter. Install anything that is reasonably priced, adequately sized and located where you can service it regularly and easily. A filter that is light duty is not a serviceable filter.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 08:05   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

True....any filter replacement will do, just don't get a finer mesh screen or it can add too much pressure drop for your water pump.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 06:33   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380

According to ARAG's website: “Founded in 1976, ARAG is now recognized worldwide as the main point of reference in the field of accessories and spraying for precision farming .” So apparently I have precision farming equipment in my boat as well. So finding a replacement strainer is looking more difficult that I imagined since the only places that sell these are wholesale farming companies in bulk to farming companies.

So you guys are right, replacing the filter is going to be the way to go. The question I have now is what level of strainer will be safe for the pump and the frigde. The ARAG one is 32 mesh. There appear to be Jabsco/Flowjet ones that are 50, 40, and 20 mesh that I have found. Is there a way to determine what is the right one for the pump and fridge or do I just get one (maybe the 40 mesh) that is "close enough".

Thanks, this is new stuff for me.

Zoid
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 06:57   #5

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Close is good enough. The pump is a pretty simple device, the rest of the system is merely a tube leading back into the ocean. The filter is there to keep the little fishies and other chunks out of the line.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water