Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2013, 00:59   #16

Boat: Lagoon 420
Send a message via Skype™ to casablanca
There's no question? The 420 is the best! Prefer it to the 440 or 421.

Just like in Goldilocks, not too small, not too big, just right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1834093618.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	54722

Bob
Casablanca
Lagoon 420
casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:57   #17

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Which Lagoon is the best?

Well our 380 is what the Admiral wanted. It is the best for us.
and she takes bad weather easy. its not the boat that has a limit , its the once sailing it.
I sail the North Sea, and we have waves, wind, and 20 knots of wind is what i like the best.
Just look at the bed size, 1.60m wide, you have to have a lot bigger Lagoon before you have beds in that size.

Tim, you have the best Lagoon.

Lagoon 380 Careka
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 10:54   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbenner View Post
I thought that this thread subject, together with
2) Money - because of the large number of used charter 380's out there, they are a bargain. Not that I would recommend buying a used charter boat, but they drag the prices of the better owner boats down. So a loaded up used owner's boat (never chartered), with all of the owner stuff and low engine hours, can be bought for a bargain. At least compared to a Manta, for example, of which there are no used charter boats out there.
What do you think?
I agree with you all items not the 2).

What a bargain means to you? (No offenses, is just because i don't know de US market)

I'm searching for a logoon but I'm not decided what to buy, new or used.

what I see is a used is very expensive them a new.

A new L380 without air, gen or water maker, but with solar, comfort pack, and lot of extras cost about US$ 400 420 K NEW.

- I'm not see many lagoon for sale. last year i saw a lot.
A used 2007 L380 cost about 300K (yachtworld.com)
A used 2010 L380 cost about 350K (yachtworld.com)

If i you find a used owner's lagoon 380 (never chartered) 2008-2011 under 300k tell me.

And almost this used boats i will have to refit or install a news batteries, solar and a lot of small thinks, a lot of money.

Fe
FeBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 23:33   #19

Boat: Lagoon 440

It's a huge leap between the gear and quality of a Catamaran that's ex-charter as against a 'one private owner' status vessel, no matter the brand.

Quality always costs more, the so called 'high number' of ex charter boats only makes the 'well equipped' version more desirable and popular.

The best Lagoon is the one your in........
Old 18-02-2013, 01:56   #20

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
It's a huge leap between the gear and quality of a Catamaran that's ex-charter as against a 'one private owner' status vessel, no matter the brand.

Quality always costs more, the so called 'high number' of ex charter boats only makes the 'well equipped' version more desirable and popular.

The best Lagoon is the one your in........
I agree totally .... "The best Lagoon is the one your in .... "

However, the one we're in is an 2004 ex-charter L380. I understand an ex-charter is not for everybody, but we are delighted with ours.

The price meant we could get into it NOW! Plus with all the upgrades we have done in the past 18 months means that we now KNOW every part of the boat as we have added & renewed so many of the systems. All the while we have been using it to explore the waters of the Great Barrier Reef in North Queensland.

We are still in front financially, compared to getting a GOOD used privately owned L380, plus we know our boat inside & out. Yes the Yanmars have many hours on them (3700), yet they still purr, & we religiously do the maintenance. Have rebuilt the water pumps, added filters, starer relays etc etc.

We have all new sails, bimmini, sail cover, replaced the motor driven refrigeration with a 12 volt unit, added a Engel freezer, added solar & Honda gen, renewed the instruments, battery monitor, polished, cleaned, fixed leaks, polish the acrylic windows & hatches, added & replaced bilge pumps, battery systems, TV, navigation, toilets, etc etc etc.

I'm just saying that there is a place for ex-charter Lagoon's for those who are handy & want to get into one now. In fact I recommend it as a way of getting out there, & getting to know your boat.

We prefer the 4 cabin version as we have so much more useable storage, plus being able to accommodate all the kids (& grand kids) when they all decide to visit at the same time.

They may show their age & previous life a little, but you'd be surprised how well they scrub up. While you're not paying the premium for the prestige of "private owners version".

JMTCW

Dave
Seabreeze L380 #241
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 02:08   #21

Boat: Lagoon 440

Couldn't agree more, the big one is the electronics are 'state of the mart' ie not 4 to 10 years old. We bought a very unused boat and i gotta tell you unused isn't always as good as it sounds. Cheers.
Old 28-02-2013, 18:00   #22

Boat: Lagoon 380, 38', I Dream of Jeanne

Any comments on the new lagoon 39?? Compared to the 380?? I'm amazed that the 39 didn't end production of the 380. Anyone know the sticker price of the 39??

I've endured the acquisition and installation of so many extras on my 380, that I can't bear the thought of selling and going through that again on a new boat.

I would rather design and install bow bulbs (like on large ships) to lighten up the front of the 380. Maybe shifting more weight aft would be easier??

Tim
timbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36   #23

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

the 39 is ca 250k euros .
careka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon